Chapter 12: Girls Are Hot

"Kelley? What are you doing here?" Alex asked.

"I just came by to see how are you, we haven't talked in a few weeks. Who's this?" Kelley pointed at Tobin.

"This is Tobin. She's uhh... Tobin."

"I'm Kelley." Kelley introduced herself and took her hand out to shake Tobin's.

"And I'm 'uh Tobin' apparently." Tobin joked and smiled at Alex as she shook Kelley's hand.

Kelley laughed lightly and stepped aside, motioning for Alex and Tobin to come in.

"You go ahead and I'll wait here, ok?" Tobin asked Alex.

"Yeah sure."

"Wait what's going on?" Kelley asked, looking between Alex and Tobin.

"I uhh.. I'm kinda moving out." Alex said slowly.

"Moving out? Why? Is everything ok? Did something happen? Something with Servando? Do you ne-"

"Woah slow down there Kelley. Things between me and Servando aren't going well and I just need to not be around him, at least until I can file for divorce." Alex explained.

"What happened?"

"I just.. I don't love him the way I used to. And I don't think he does either." Alex said, barely above a whisper.

"Where are you going to stay?"

"With me." Tobin, who has been quiet this whole conversation, spoke up.

"I'm sorry but I don't know you. How can I trust you to take care of her?"

"I promise I will protect her as best as I can." Tobin said sincerely.

"What if the best you can is not enough?"

"Kelley!" Alex scolded.

"What? I'm just trying to make sure you will be ok."

"I will. I may not know Tobin that long but I trust her." Alex looked Tobin in the eyes.

And there was that pang in Tobin's heart. Hearing Alex say she trusts her after Tobin lied so much is like a knife to her heart.

"Ok. I'll help you pack." Kelley said softly and followed Alex to her bedroom.

Tobin took a seat on the living room couch waiting for Alex and about 20 minutes later, Alex came out with a stuffed duffle bag.

"Hey."

"Hey, where's Kelley?" Tobin asked.

"She's packing another backpack for me."

"Ok. Are you ok? You know, with all of this?" Tobin asked.

"Yeah. Thank you, for letting me stay with you. If you don't want to I can totally ask Kelley if I can stay with her for a while or even get a hotel roo-"

"Hey," the agent cut her off. "It's ok. It's my pleasure. Don't worry about it ok?"

"Ok. Thank you." Alex smiled.