Chapter 9: Weekly Report

After Tobin dropped Alex off at her apartment she went to a small restaurant since she hasn't eaten breakfast and returned to her hotel room at about 2:50. The agent opened the door to her hotel room, finding a leather jacket on the bed and noise in the bathroom. Tobin pulled out her gun aiming it wherever she turned in case she spots the intruder.

She quietly opened the bathroom door, still aiming the gun and found Hope washing her hands.

"Jesus fucking Christ Hope you scared the shit out of me." Tobin exclaimed while returning the gun to it's holster.

"Well, I need to see if you're alert don't I?" Hope joked.

They went and sat on the small seating area in the balcony.

"Fill me in. What happened?"

Ok, now Tobin could go with this conversation to two paths. One, is tell Hope the truth. Tell her Alex cheated and kissed Tobin and with that the case will be closed and Tobin probably won't see Alex ever again. Two, is to.. Withhold information from her boss and say she needs more time and that Alex didn't cheat.

"Tobin?" Hope said after Tobin zoned out for a few minutes.

"Oh yeah umm.. She didn't cheat yet. I need more time." Tobin said.

"I'm trusting you here, Tobin." Hope said sincerely.

"I know."

"Ok, you have all the time you need but get it done." Hope said and walked inside the hotel room from the balcony and towards the door.

Tobin exhaled a breath and went to take a shower.

--------------------------------------------

Alex walked into her apartment, finding Servando passed out on the couch with a few beer bottles scattered around, you know, the usual, and went to get ready for work.

She put on casual clothes and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Alex?" She heard a groggy voice say from behind her.

The blue eyed girl turned around to find Servando barely standing.

"What?" Alex asked.

"Where were you all night?" He questioned.

"I was at work. They needed someone to do a double shift and I volunteered." Alex lied, a thing she was so used to do when talking to Servando, and set her glass on the counter before walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Servando asked.

"To work..?" Alex asked hesitantly.

"You just said you worked all night." He said sternly.

"Fine you caught me," Alex said with a smile, trying to sound believable. "I'm going out with Kelley for some coffee because I'm not really tired. I'll see you later babe." She said as she pecked Servando's cheek and walked out of the apartment.

Alex got in her car and started to drive towards the store for her shift. As she was driving she began to think about her life. About Servando, about soccer, about Tobin... The more she thought about Tobin, the more she realized that she is the only thing that brought her even the slightest bit of happiness ever since... Ever since she got married to Servando. She loved Servando, she really did but he turned out to be way different than the man she knew before the wedding. He became controlling, moody, jealous, and most of all, angry. Alex didn't even know why. Sometimes she would just come home and he would start yelling at her for no reason. So no you're probably thinking why not divorce the son of a bitch? Well, that's complicated.

To divorce Servando Alex needs to apply for divorce and go through the whole thing with court and stuff and she didn't have the money, nor the confidence to do it. So she stayed with him.

By now, Alex had already arrived at work and got behind the counter when suddenly Tobin came through the door.

"Hello, beautiful." Tobin said with a grin as she approached the counter.

"Who? Me?" Alex joked.

"No, the fruit loops. Of course you." Tobin laughed. "So when do you get out of work?"

"I just started so in like 7 hours." Alex replied.

"Oh come on.. I literally have nothing to do today." Tobin said.

"You can hangout here. If you want to." Alex said.

"Yeah sure. Thanks." Tobin said and gave Alex a peck on the cheek.

Tobin and Alex hung out all day at the store, joking, flirting and the occasional helping a customer. Soon it was the end of Alex shift and the secret agent couldn't believe how time flew by so fast because it really didn't feel like she spent 7 hours there.

"I have to go home now but it was really fun hanging out with you." Alex smiled.

"Same here." Tobin grinned.

This time, it was Alex who was leaning in for a kiss. They kissed tenderly and as their lips moved in sync, nothing else around them mattered, they were solely focused on each other.

Tobin brought her hands to Alex waist while Alex's hands were rested on Tobin's shoulders.

"Bye Tobin." Alex said as she pulled away.

"Bye." Tobin said with a smile. "Wait, do you have work tomorrow?"

"No, why?" Alex asked.

"Because we are going on a date. I'll come pick you up at 8, bye!" Tobin said and walked away before Alex had a chance to say anything, leaving the forward smiling behind her.

Word count: 889

Song for this chapter: Twenty Øne Piløts - Doubt

A/N: Chapter 9 done! Tell me what you think, I really enjoy reading your comments!
Vote, comment, follow and whatever.

Peace! ✌️

~KarmyArmy