Chapter 10: Alex's Story

It was the next day and both girls were getting ready for their date. After deciding to not go too fancy, Alex put on a simple t shirt and light blue skinny jeans.

Tobin decided to go with a black t shirt, brown skinny jeans and black vans, as well as her leather jacket. For a moment, it didn't feel like Tobin was a secret agent. It felt like she was a normal person, going on a date, but that feeling faded when she got a text from Hope saying to finish the job as soon as she can.

As Tobin went to pick up Alex, she couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe, she felt something for the younger girl. Maybe, possibly, slight chance... But probably not. That's why she needed to get the job done fast before she gets too attached.

The agent softly knocked on the door and waited a few moments for Alex to answer but was surprised when she was met with a man on the other side of the door. He looked at Tobin with a confused glare.

"Who are you?" He asked.

So this is the husband...

Tobin couldn't understand why she suddenly felt so much hatred towards the man. Maybe it was because of the picture she took, maybe it was because this man just didn't give out a good vibe. Whatever it was, it made Tobin sick just looking at him.

"I'm Tobin, I came to pick up Alex." She smiled lightly.

"Alex? How do you even know her?" He questioned.

"We met at the coffee shop a few blocks from here." By now, Tobin was starting to get a little nervous.

"Alex didn't tell me any-"

"Hi Tobin." Alex cut him off. "Servando, this is my friend, Tobin. Tobin, this is... Servando." Alex hesitated for a bit because she didn't know if she wanted to tell Tobin she has a husband just yet.

"Nice to meet you." Tobin said politely, wanting to get on the man's good side just in case he is hurting Alex somehow.

"Yeah..." He mumbled back.

"Tobin and I are going out, I'll be back later." Alex quickly said and walked out of the door.

The entire walk to Tobin's motorcycle, both girls were silent. They reached the bike and Tobin paused.

"So uh... Who was that?" Tobin asked, wanting to see if Alex will lie or tell the truth.

"That was Servando. He uhh... He's kinda my.. Husband." Alex said. "I understand if you want to walk away now."

"I'm not going to walk away." Tobin said quietly, almost to herself. "So you are cheating on him with me? Why?" This was the first time the agent has ever asked any of her targets that. Normally she would just get the job done and get out. Another case closed. She never asked that because she knew that if she would, she would feel compelled to stay and fix everything that was wrong. And when Tobin heard what Alex said next, she knew she was right.

"I can't stay with him. But I can't leave him."

"Why? Is something wrong?" The older girl asked, trying to get an answer to the picture that has been haunting her mind.

"Yes. A lot is wrong. Everything is wrong." Alex said quietly as tears began to form in her eyes.

"Alex, please tell me. I want to help you."

"How can you help me? You can't help me. At this point I don't think anyone can." She mumbled the last part.

"Come on. I'm taking you to my place." Tobin said as she got on her bike.

"Why?"

"Just trust me, ok?"

"Ok."

--------------------------------------------

As Tobin parked the motorcycle in front of her hotel, Alex had a confused look on her face.

"You live in a hotel?"

Without answering, Tobin got off of the bike and took Alex's hand in her's. After a silent path trough the hotel lobby and a silent elevator ride, they finally reached Tobin's hotel room. As they walked in, Alex took in the dull looking room. The walls were a pale white, and the doors were a cleaner shade of white. To the left was a king sized bed and a side table on each side of the bed. To the right was a half open closet which was empty and a door which Alex assumed was the bathroom. A small backpack was on the floor next to the bed and a used towel was discarded on the end of the bed. 

Tobin, who's hand still held Alex's, pulled her towards the bed and motioned her to sit as she took a seat as well.

"Alex what's happening?" Tobin asked the younger girl in almost desperation.

"I can't leave him. I want to but I can't."

"Why?" Tobin asked as she gave Alex's hand a comforting squeeze.

"Before we got married, Servando was the sweetest and nicest guy I ever met. He bought me flowers, and took me on romantic dates, he was the perfect boyfriend." Alex smiled as she remembered her and Servando's relationship. "After we got married it was like everything changed. He became over protective, almost obsessive. He always accused me of cheating on him when I've been nothing but faithful to him. I couldn't take it anymore." Alex's eyes became watery as tears threatened to fall. "I went to file for divorce but I didn't have any money to do that. So I started taking more shifts at the store. And then I met you." Alex smiled. "Something about you just drew me in so I told Servando I wanted to divorce him. He got so mad... H-he.." Alex was now sobbing.

"Did he hit you?" Tobin asked carefully.

"N-no. But he wanted to. He lifted his h-hand and then I guess he decided not to and he walked out." Alex stuttered as more tears streamed down her face.

Tobin engulfed Alex in a loving hug as Alex continued to sob into the agent's shoulder with Tobin whispering sweet nothings into her ear. Alex's crying eventually died down but Tobin still kept the tight hug between them.

As Tobin pulled away from the hug she looked into Alex's eyes.

"You are going to get through this. I will help you I promise. You're safe now, I won't let him hurt you." Tobin said sincerely as she wiped Alex's cheeks from the tears that escaped.

"Thank you Tobin." Alex said and kissed Tobin's cheek, which then turned to kissing Tobin's jawline, and then Alex nibbled on Tobin's ear lobe as Tobin gasped. Alex continued planting kisses along Tobin's neck and collarbone. The older girl lifted Alex's head towards her and kissed her passionately but stopped before it got too heated.

"Let's go to sleep." Tobin said softly and Alex nodded.

Tobin laid down and scooted over to make room for Alex. The younger girl rested her head on Tobin's chest and nuzzled her face into her neck, breathing in her scent.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight Alex." Tobin smiled and could feel the forward smile against her neck.

Word count: 1187

Song for this chapter: Inside Out - The Chainsmokers

A/N: Hi! So, a lot happened since I last updated, sorry for keeping you waiting. I got out of school for the summer and decided that I won't spend all of summer break on my phone or indoors in general. Don't worry I'll still update but updates will be slower. I'm also going to summer camp for 4 days in a few days so I don't think I'll update until after the camp. Sorry!

Peace! ✌️

~KarmyArmy