109

109 IN THE SKY

YOU'RE HERE WITH ME, DR DEATHDEFYING
-

-
9:17 PM
-
(Y/N)
-

The game was over. Indians lost. One to fifteen. Oh yeah, forgot to say, that's Aiden's team.

Well, and Frankie's team, but still.

Alex nudged me lightly as I turned to her.

"Mikey's a jealous rat," she leaned in, talking lowly in my ear as I rolled my eyes. I slightly turn to her ear, returning the low spoken voice, "we broke up seven months ago. We didn't even date for seven months."

Alex didn't full on chuckle, more like one of those laughs where it's funny, but not worth a full on laugh, or a chuckle. Just a 'hmph'.

"Can we go back now?" Mikey asked, annoyance in his tone of voice.

Hmm, someone's a salty ass hoe.

"I have to talk to Aiden, you guys can wait in the car if you want," Alex turned to Mikey for a moment as she tossed her keys to him. He swiftly caught them, walking away with his hands in his pockets.

"Should I go with him?" Halsey asked as we all stood up.

"Uh, yeah, probably," Alex rubbed the back of her neck as Halsey shrugged, turning around and catching up to Mikey.

"Let's go," Alex grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to the dugout.

Aiden and Frankie were still in there, putting stuff in their bags and whatnot. A few seconds after random banter with Alex, they walked out of the dugout and over to us.

"You should buy me another Gatorade since you love me so much, Lexie," Aiden smiled, wiping the sweat off of his forehead.

"Ew, I don't love you, rat," Alex sassed as Aiden rolled his eyes. "Yeah, but you ate my fries last time, so you owe me."

There was a slight pause.

"...Fine, let's go, rat boy," Alex muttered, starting to walk to the snack shack as Aiden happily followed behind her.

"We meet again, number twenty two," I turned to Frankie as a slight smirk curled on his lips. "Are they always like this?" I asked, referring to Alex and Aiden.

"Yes, this has been happening since they were eleven and twelve. Kind of annoying, sometimes, to be honest," Frankie shrugged as we walked over to the snack shack behind Alex and Aiden, conversating about random things. Aiden and Alex were slapping each others forearms, saying "smelly" back and forth at each other until it was their turn to order. Aiden got a light blue Gatorade, again, as Alex got a coke.

"Are you getting anything?" I asked the taller boy who stood next to me.

"Nah, my mother says I eat and drink too much junk food. You?"

"No," I slightly shook my head as Alex and Aiden turned around to face us.

Aiden looked down slightly.

"Why is there pen all over your white high tops?" He chuckled as Alex and Frankie looked down at my shoes. Yes, they did have pen all over them. But it was a bunch of random names of my friends who randomly wanted to sign my shoe.

"Oh, people sign her shoes sometimes. Our school is weird," Alex explained, opening her can of soda as it made a fizzing noise.

"You do remember that we go to the same school as you, right?" Frankie chuckled as Alex looked up at him, lips slightly apart as if she was gonna say something.

"Uh- well, in my defense, I haven't hung out with you at school for all of senior year."

"Anyways," Aiden changed the topic, "I wanna sign your shoe!"

"Oh yeah? With what pen?" I arched my right eyebrow as he rolled his eyes, turning to Alex.

"Oh- do you just assume I have a pen on me?"

We all looked at her.

There was another slight pause.

"...Fine," Alex pulled a pen out of her back pocket, slapping it into Aiden's right hand.

"Whatever," I shrugged, pulling my left leg up and holding it up by the ankle as Aiden stepped closer, writing his name on it.

Typical boy handwriting, readable, but messy.

"Well, I have nothing better to do at this point in my life, give me the pen," Frankie shrugged as Aiden handed him the pen. Frankie wrote down his name and handed Alex back her pen as she put it back into her pocket, pulling her iPhone out of it. Her eyes widened almost instantly as she pressed the home button of the phone, as it lit up.

"It's 9:30, we gotta go," Alex grabbed my wrist, running and pulling me with her. "Wha- BYE!" I shouted as Aiden and Frankie waved, turning to each other.

-

I got into shotgun, as Alex obviously sat in the driver's seat. Halsey was babbling about how Mikey's being a prick as Mikey was, well, ignoring her.

"Can you guys shut up before I blast rap music?" Alex craned her neck to the backseats, turning the keys in the car at the same time as the car started to vibrate.

"Ugh, rap," I shuddered as Mikey didn't say anything, and Halsey crosses her arms, rolling her eyes. I looked back down at the inside of my left shoe.

Frankie
978-xxx-xxxx

I smiled when I saw the ten digits.

"What're you smiling about?" Alex chuckled as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"I got his number," I smiled a bit wider as she chuckled lightly, shaking her head slightly.