Chapter 20

'he won't come' Arjit said immediately
'huh?' Amira looked back at him in surprise

'He is working for late night, so he won't have dinner with us. He will eat at the company' Arjit explained.

'uncle he lied to you' Amira said
'what?'Arjit raised an eyebrow
'I mean he won't eat I know him' Amira shook her head and stood up 'I won't eat except when he comes back'
'but he will be late' Poja said
'I don't care' Amira said and left the dining room and sat on the stairs outside waiting for him to come. Kajol and Rani followed her and went out of the dining room.
'Amira come on don't be stubborn' Kajol said and tried to grab her arm gently
'no, I will wait for Shahrukh' Amira said
'don't be so childish' Kajol said in anger
'girls, I am not coming' Amira said crossing her arm in front of her chest.

'Come on Kajol, she is stubborn' Rani said and they went back to the dining room.

After dinner everyone went to his room, except Amira; she remained in her place placing her palm over her cheek and leaning her arm over her knee. Preity went to the garden and sat on the swing with her earphones in her ear.
Kajol was studying in her room, but from time to time checked on Amira. Rani was in her room, busy reading some papers and writing in the other ones, with a calculator in her hand. She started preparing for the new hospital that she wants to build. Meera and Shivan noticed that Amira was still in her place, so they sat next to her and mimicked her, with their palms over their cheeks and leaning their arms to their knees. Amira laughed at them, they stayed like this for a while but they felt bored in the end and left her alone.

Preity came back from the garden and found that Amira is still in her place waiting for Shahrukh; Preity shook her head and went towards her.

'Do you want me to bring you something to eat?' Preity asked smiling
'no' Amira replied and started yawning
'you stubborn little girl' Preity said and shook her head

It was almost two o'clock when Shahrukh entered the house, walking slowly with half opened eyes hungry for sleep, but he widened his eyes when he saw Amira sitting on the stairs and Preity standing next to her.

'Why are you sitting on the stairs?' he asked, Preity crossed her arms in front of her chest and sighed. Shahrukh looked at her questioningly.

'Shall I tell him or you will?' Preity asked looking to Amira
'what's wrong?' Shahrukh asked looking at Preity
'she didn't eat her dinner yet, she said she will wait for you'
Shahrukh rolled his eyes 'Did you eat?' Amira asked and he nodded. She narrowed her eyes and raised an eyebrow, Shahrukh cleared his throat 'ok, I was busy with work, I didn't have time' he said and Preity burst out laughing.

'come on let's go and eat' Amira said and grabbed Shahrukh's arm
'I will go and warm the food, Anarkali might be asleep' Preity said
'it is okay, we can eat it cold, don't bother yourself' Shahrukh said
'no no, it will take a minute, both of you wait for me in the dining room' Preity said and ran to the kitchen. Shahrukh went with Amira to the dining room, he sat at Arjit's place and Amira sat at Kajol's place.

'Don't do this again' Shahrukh said to her when they sat down
'you too' she said and he rolled his eyes 'I knew you won't eat'
'ok fine I am sorry' he said
'why do you have to work for late night anyway?'
'Because we have lots of work, do you have any lectures tomorrow by the way?'
'No, but I have something else to do' she sounded excited
'what?'
'I will go with you to work, I haven't done this for a while, I used to visit the company with uncle Arjit when you were in London' she said happily and he shook his head and she continued 'at least I will check that you will eat at the company as you promised' she giggled
'Pagli' he smiled, at the same moment Preity came in with two plates; she placed them on the table in front of them, then took out the spoons from her pocket and handed each of them a spoon. Amira giggled when Preity did this.

'she put the spoons in her pocket' Amira giggled again
'this is Preity, you can predict anything' Shahrukh said smiling
'enjoy the meal' Preity gestured to the plates in a funny tone, they all laughed. At the same time Kajol came in to the dining room.

'You are finally here' Kajol said
'yeah, I have to work for late night everyday' he replied while eating
'she didn't want to eat without you, she is so stubborn like you' Kajol said, Preity sat next to Amira on the table.
'Do you have any lectures tomorrow?' he asked Kajol without looking at her and acting busy with food
'yeah' Kajol replied, he cleared his throat 'so you are coming with me?' he asked, Kajol sighed and said 'we will see that tomorrow, I haven't decided' they all remained silent for a while then Kajol spoke again.

'Hey, one minute. How would you drive us home today if you work till late night every day?' Kajol asked and sat next to him at her mother's place.
'I would drive you home then get back to work' Shahrukh replied immediately then continued 'but when I knew that you will go with Shekar and learned later that Amira is going with you I changed the plans; so that's why I am asking you if you are coming with me tomorrow or not, because your majesty you change your mind every minute and by the way Amira isn't going to college tomorrow, she is coming with me to work' he gave her a fake smile, Kajol looked at Amira
'what? Why do you look at me like that I betrayed you, I don't have lectures tomorrow' Amira chuckled and Preity laughed enjoying the show, Kajol looked back at Shahrukh.
'so you want to say that I make troubles from nothing' Kajol furrowed her eyebrows
'I didn't' Shahrukh said coldly, Kajol stood up and pushed his shoulder 'I don't want anything from you' she said and left the dining room.

'Where is Rani now to say her famous word?' Amira said and Preity laughed then they both said 'Children' they laughed again then Amira started yawning.
'I see you have finished your plate, now go to your room you little naughty' Shahrukh said grabbing her nose jokingly, they all stood up. Amira hugged Shahrukh and said 'good night'
'good night sweetie, see you in the morning' Shahrukh said with a wide smile and she left the room. Preity was taking the plates but he took them from her.

'I will take them' he said and took the plates to the kitchen and she followed him.
'You met Saif today right?' Preity asked smilingly
'yeah' he said placing the plates in the sink
'how was his first day, I mean in his new position?'
'Great' he said and started yawning
'oh you look so tired, go and have some rest' Preity said patting on his shoulder
'yes, I will. Good night' he waved to her and left the kitchen
'good night' she said happily