Chapter 14

'Kajol'
'Saif! What do you want?' she was surprised that he followed her
'I have to tell you something' he said and came closer to her
'I am all ears'
He hold her and said 'I love you' she stepped back until her back stuck to the wall, she let go her hands off his.
'Saif, I am not that kind of girls you think, I am not like the girls you date' she said and walked away but he stopped her.
'That's why I am saying this because I know that you are different from other girls'
'Saif please'
'look, I am not forcing you. I just wanted you to know what I feel towards you. Take your time and think Kajol and I will be waiting for your answer' he said his words and left her standing alone in the corridor, puzzled. Kajol headed quickly to one of the bathrooms, closed the door, opened the tap and started washing her face. She closed the tap, shook her head and tried to get rid of the effect of what Saif told her. She sighed, dried her face with a towel, opened the door and headed to Rani's room.

'Kajol'
'Saif! What do you want?' she was surprised that he followed her
'I have to tell you something' he said and came closer to her
'I am all ears'
He hold her and said 'I love you' she stepped back until her back stuck to the wall, she let go her hands off his.
'Saif, I am not that kind of girls you think, I am not like the girls you date' she said and walked away but he stopped her.
'That's why I am saying this because I know that you are different from other girls'
'Saif please'
'look, I am not forcing you. I just wanted you to know what I feel towards you. Take your time and think Kajol and I will be waiting for your answer'

Shahrukh was alone in the garden, sitting silently on the swing, closing his eyes and managing not to let his tears escape, but in vain. He was heading to the garden when he heard Kajol's name being called, he stood near one of the walls and listened to what was said. He was sure that Arjit and Poja won't mind that Kajol marries Saif. Kajol was a big dream he can't handle.

Rani heard a knock on the door 'come in' she said, Kajol opened the door, Rani smiled at her and she came in and closed the door. Rani was sitting on her bed and leaning her back to a pillow, holding a book and she was looking at it. Kajol sat next to her.
'oh, you are reading' Kajol said
'the book can wait' Rani smiled to her 'are you okay?'
'Hmm? Yeah I am fine' Kajol nodded 'but Are 'You' okay Rani?'
Rani sighed and said 'I am fine'
'you don't stay with us at all and you lock yourself in your room most of the time, you see this okay?' Rani didn't reply and she just lowered her gaze.
'Rani I understand what you have gone through, I know it wasn't easy but you have to be strong Rani' Kajol said caressing her cheek 'promise me now'
'I promise' Rani smiled and hugged Kajol 'thank you Kajol' Rani said patting on her back
'we love you Rani, I want to see your smile back, I want the loud noisy Rani back' Kajol hugged Rani tighter.
'Kajol if you hugged me tighter you won't be able to get me back, you are killing me girl' Rani pleaded and Kajol burst out laughing and let her go
'oh god, crazy woman' Rani sighed

Kajol looked at the book put on the bed between them 'I think I have seen this book before'
'this is one of the books Shahrukh bought for me. Gosh, thank god he is back, those two years have been very rough'
'I noticed that he looked tired since he came back, but I think he is trying to hide that for Amira's sake'
'yeah'
'so, I am right, but we didn't talk about that'
'it has been a tough responsibility for him, he couldn't eat well and he couldn't sleep well. He had to supervise everything. If uncle didn't send him on the right time they would be put in jail'

'Jail!!' Kajol gasped and covered her mouth with her palm 'Papa never mentioned that it was that bad, he told us that it is just a small thing'
'no one knows, except Shahrukh, me and here I am telling you'
'and Mom of course'
'you know that uncle can't hide anything from her' Rani chuckled and Kajol slapped her arm jokingly, then Rani started yawning.
'Oh, this means "Kajol go to your room please and let me sleep"' Kajol said and stood up and Rani laughed 'I am sorry I couldn't stop it, but I have to wake Shivan for school tomorrow' Rani said rubbing an eye.
'Ok darling good night' Kajol waved to her and headed towards to the door
'good night dear' Rani put her head on the pillow and closed her eyes. Kajol switched off the light and closed the door.