Chapter 7

'How did uncle Arjit allow him to stay with us in the same house?' Rani said furrowing her eyebrows and crossing her arms.
'Why? What is wrong with Saif?' Poja wondered
'I just don't like this guy, I feel that he is a playboy' Rani explained
'but he is Shahrukh's friend' Preity said
Kajol was silently listening to this conversation, Rani looked at her, Kajol gestured with her head towards Amira.
'Oh, Amira darling, you aren't going to tell Saif that, Right?' Rani asked
Amira sighed and said 'fine, I won't tell him'
'who wants to drink tea?' Preity asked, they all said yes and she said 'I will make tea for Saif, Uncle Arjit and Shahrukh too'
'it is a good idea' Poja said then Preity went to the kitchen and asked Anarkali to make tea, after that Anarkali took a tray of tea to the sitting room and Preity took another tray to the study. Preity knocked the door with her leg gently and Shahrukh opened the door and let her in.
'I thought you might need to drink some tea' she said
'thank you beti' Arjit said, she looked at Saif and he smiled at her then she left the study closing the door behind her, leaned her back to it and closed her eyes and smiled. Preity's heart was dancing from happiness.

Saif is Shahrukh's friend for three years now; they knew each other when they were trainees at Arjit's company. Rani was right when she said that Saif is a playboy. He had many affairs and he knew many girls, but that never affected his work. He knows how to separate between his personal life and his work, he always worked hard so he deserved the promotion. It was the first time for him to stay at Arjit's house. He always came to talk about work with Arjit, plays with Amira, Shivan and Meera for a while then he leaves so he didn't have time to get to know the rest of the family. Preity loved him from the first sight, but she couldn't spend any time with him, but they chatted from time to time so they get to know each other more, but the last days he was so busy to speak to her.

Arjit, Shahrukh and Saif spent half the day in the study speaking about work, they didn't feel the time except when Rani opened the door and told them that Lunch has been served. So they all left the study and headed to the dining room, they all sat down except Amira.

'Where is Amira?' Shahrukh asked Kajol
'she won't have lunch, she didn't feel well and she had a stomach ache so she decided to sleep' Kajol replied
'Something serious?' he felt worried
'don't worry beta, nothing serious. She has been sleeping for couple of hours now, she will be okay' Poja reassured him and he moved to his sister's seat, so he sat near Kajol and Saif and Preity did like him. As much as Shahrukh was worried for his sister but he was happy sitting near Kajol, she was also happy and taking the chance to steal glances.
'Now you can sit in front of Rani' Shahrukh said to Preity and she smiled despite she wasn't thinking about the seat matter anyway.

'Uncle Saif' Meera and Shivan shouted and hugged Saif.
'Oh, guys I missed you so much. Oh Shivan look at you, you are big boy now' Saif said smiling
'and what about me?' Meera pouted
'you are a superstar, right Meera?' Saif said and Meera nodded happily 'now we will eat then I will play with you' he said and the kids went immediately to their seats and started eating.
'wow, you have a great effect on them' Preity said
'I adore kids, you have no idea' Saif smiled
'you don't seem like a family man, this picture doesn't suit you' Rani said sarcastically
'everyone says this, but one day I will marry and have kids and become a family man, I won't remain single forever' Saif explained
'wah, wah Saif sahib, two years have changed you completely' Shahrukh said and laughed
'no don't worry, I am the old Saif but this is the effect of my parents, they have been convincing me to marry'
'and did you find a good girl?' Poja asked
'not yet Auntie I didn't find a suitable one yet, but I hope I can find one soon' Saif said then rested his back to the chair and looked at Kajol, she looked away and hoped that what came in her mind was wrong, Shahrukh noticed what Saif did, but no one else noticed that, it all happened in a part of a second, but Shahrukh was burning from inside.

'Do you want some more juice?' Preity asked Saif
'ok' he replied
'don't you need more salt in your soup?' she asked Saif
'no, it is okay' he smiled at her
'don't you need a lullaby before bedtime? Don't you need a massage?' Shahrukh said sarcastically and Preity hit his shoulder 'ouch' he said
'stop making fun of her, she is showing great hospitality' Arjit said to Shahrukh
Poja leaned to Arjit and whispered 'aren't they a good couple?'
'Who?' Arjit wondered.
'Shahrukh and Preity' Poja said and Arjit burst out laughing
'what are you laughing at papa?' Kajol wondered
'your mom has just told me a great joke' Arjit said
'so tell us the joke' Kajol smiled and all paid attention
'she said that Shahrukh and Preity are looking great together, she wanted to arrange their marriage' Arjit said and burst out laughing again, Poja laughed too and slapped Arjit's arm jokingly.

Shahrukh felt that he couldn't breathe and kept coughing, Kajol handed him a glass of water to drink. Preity was speechless, she just widened her eyes and nearly dropped her jaw.
'Look at their faces' Arjit said to Poja
'nice joke, Auntie' Preity gave her a fake smile, Shahrukh remained sipping water silently trying to stop coughing, Kajol kept patting on his back gently.
'Why not' Poja said looking at Arjit
'Auntie you must be joking, Shahrukh is a brother to me' Preity uttered
'yes Auntie Preity is right, and I am not so desperate to marry her' Shahrukh said
'yuk, it is in your dreams to marry a beautiful girl like me' Preity said in pride
'you said marry, not to go to hell' Shahrukh said and chuckled
'shut up, and by the way you won't go to hell, it will come personally to your door' Preity said and laughed.
'Amira will laugh hard when she knows that Auntie would make Preity and Shahrukh get married' Rani said and laughed, Meera and Shivan laughed hard too.
'You are laughing at me, hmm?' Shahrukh laughed and sprinkled water at Meera and Shivan which made them laugh hard.
'Poja is dying to see anyone getting married, she didn't forget her work as a wedding planner' Arjit said
'of course I didn't, but you know Arjit, the wedding I am dying to plan the most is Kajol's wedding' Poja said smiling and held Kajol's hands and Kajol smiled back at her.
Shahrukh couldn't bear hearing that, knowing that Poja would never accept him as a husband to Kajol so he stood up 'thanks for the lunch all' he said and left to his room.