Chapter 19

When Kajol went out of the class she checked her phone, she found a message from Amira informing her that she will go home with her. Kajol immediately called her father.

'Hello' Arjit said
'hey dad'
'is everything okay darling?' Arjit furrowed his eyebrows and Shahrukh looked at him in worry, they were in the meeting room.

'don't worry, I just wanted to ask you to send Shekar to drive us back home, Amira is coming with me after she finishes her lectures' Kajol replied
'aren't both of you going back with Shahrukh?'
'No, I changed my mind, and I thought that the time of lectures isn't stable and we might finish early. Let Shahrukh focus on work' Kajol explained while it wasn't the truth.
'Ok, I will send Shekar for you; now I have to go to start the meeting'
'good luck dad'
'thanks honey, bye'
'bye'

Arjit turned to the others and said 'I think someone forgot to switch off his phone' he said jokingly and all laughed. He sat down on his chair, Shahrukh on his left and Saif on his right.
'so, I was saying that you all know Saif for a while, he is now promoted and he is responsible of supervising the ads of the company and you all now know that we are preparing for a new strategy and new ad campaign' the others nodded smilingly and he continued 'now I have to introduce Shahrukh, not all of you know him, he is my nephew and he is also promoted for his hard work, he is supervising the calculations of the company here in India. Not all of you know that, but he was the hero that saved the company's future in London' Arjit said smiling, all smiled and clapped then they continued their meeting.

After the meeting Shahrukh headed to his office. It was a big one now, with a big desk. An air conditioner and a big fish bowl, he knocked gently on the bowl teasing the fishes, they swam everywhere in the bowl which made him chuckle. He noticed a vase full of flowers on a black round table, he came closer and smelled the flowers, and their fragrance pleased him. Then he sat on his chair and placed his palms on the desk looking at his office with pride, he always deserved the best. He saw three files placed on the desk, so he opened one of them and started working.

Kajol was still waiting for Amira to finish her lectures, she was sitting on a bench reading a book and wasting time until Amira arrives, that was the best thing to do after she wasted her lectures in her thoughts. Kajol was really angry from herself, she is in the last year of college and the best thing she should focus on is studying.

'Sorry for making you wait' Amira said sitting next to her, Kajol looked at her and smiled 'you made a scene this morning by the way' Amira commented
'your brother won't be able to drive us home, he will be busy; you forgot that it is his first day in the company here?'
'But he didn't complain, and you already waited for me. What would happen if we both waited for him for couple of hours? And don't tell me that you would study if we went home earlier' Amira said shaking her head, Kajol rolled her eyes.
'You are speaking as if you don't know your brother, has he ever complained?' Kajol smirked

Amira sighed and said 'anyway, when Shekar will come?'
'He will be here in ten minutes' Kajol replied then said 'thank god that dad is buying me another car, there will be no problems later'
'yeah' Amira said and smiled. They waited few minutes then Shekar arrived, they sat in the back seats and Shekar started the engine then they left.

"Kuch To Hua Hai, Kuch Ho Gaya Hai...
Do Chaar Din Se Lagta Hai Jaise
Sab Kuch Alag Hai, Sab Kuch Naya Hai
Kuch To Hua Hai, Kuch Ho Gaya Hai

Cheezein Mein Rakh Ke
Bhool Jaati Hoon,
Bekhayaali Mein Gungunati Hoon
Ab Akele Mein Muskuraati Hoon
Badli Hui Si Meri Ada Hai
Kuch To Hua Hai, Kuch Ho Gaya Hai"
(Kuch hogaya hai- Kal ho na ho 2004)

Preity was sitting on the swing in the garden, the earphones in her ears, swaying her head with the song, singing with it and smiling. Kajol and Amira noticed her; they walked slowly towards her and both put their arms over her shoulder.

'Preity!' Amira and Kajol shouted. Preity startled and threw the mobile and the earphones, she screamed and ran for some steps; Kajol and Amira burst out laughing.
'Seriously girls this wasn't funny' Preity said placing her palm over her chest, she shook her head and sat back on the swing. Kajol grabbed her cheeks 'you cutieeee' Kajol said happily.
'Leave my face' Preity put Kajol's hands away
'ok ok don't be angry' Amira said wrapping her arms around Preity's shoulder 'Kuch to hua hai'
'Kuch ho gaya hai' Preity replied smiling

'Stop annoying my sister' Rani said slapping Kajol arm jokingly 'I have a surprise for all of you'
'what surprise?' Amira said sitting between Kajol and Preity on the swing and Rani remained standing.
'Do you remember the photo we took at the same day Shahrukh came back?' Rani said smiling
'yeah, with Amira's phone' Kajol nodded
'I sent the photo to my phone and it is already printed and it arrived today' Rani said then continued 'come on to see it' she said, walked before them and they followed her to the house. When they entered, they saw a big picture of them laughing and hugging hanged on the wall in front of the door; they all smiled and hugged each other.

'It is beautiful, but when did you do all that? I haven't even seen you hanging the picture!' Preity asked
Rani rolled her eyes 'you are lost in your daydreams, so you didn't notice'

'Oh, I see that everyone is here' Arjit came in and said smiling; he wrapped his arm around Kajol's shoulder and kissed her cheek.
'See what Rani made for us' Kajol said gesturing to the picture
'oh, you all look beautiful in this picture' Arjit said smiling

'Oh Arjit you are here' Poja said and walked towards Arjit, he hold her hand and kissed her knuckles.
'You must be hungry' Poja said squeezing his hand 'come let's eat' she said and everyone followed her to the dining room.

They all sat down and started eating, all of them except Shahrukh; his seat remained empty. Amira looked right and left and started searching for him but without leaving her place.

'Where is my brother?' she asked then looked at Kajol 'did he enter the house and went to his room and I didn't notice him?'
'I don't know' Kajol replied then looked right and left furrowing her eyebrows.

'he won't come' Arjit said immediately
'huh?' Amira looked back at him in surprise