26.Explanations

Aria's P.O.V.

My head was hanging over Jungkook's face, his heavy breathing indicating that he was going to wake up anytime soon.

"What's going on?" Seokjin asked, there was a worried undertone in his voice.

There was a long pause, nobody answering his question as he sat on his knees, his weight balancing on his foot.

I scooted away, leaving room for him to study the situation closer.

"I need you to get me some water" He said, urgent.

I walked to the kitchen hastily, filling up a glass with water and going back to the room where Seokjin was.

"Great, thankyou" He thanked me, pointing to the cupboard on the other side of the room. "I believe there is a cloth in there".

His pleading eyes showed that he was desperate for my help, that's what I was going to do. I fetched it for him and watched him as he poured the water over it slowly. He placed the cloth onto Jungkook's forehead, proceeding to check out the rest of him.

"Aria, I don't know how I feel about this" he paused, leaning back and looking at me. He pated the empty space on the floor next to him, gesturing for me to sit down.

There was a moment of pure silence, just us and our thoughts as he contemplated his words.

When I had entered the room a while ago, Jungkook had suddenly started breathing, hard. His chest heaving awfully fast. I thought that maybe Jungkook was waking up, but nobody could be sure of it.

Everyone was away, or just not in the right state of mind to realise what was happening. They were all, gone, in a way. The changes they were going through had made them different, vulnerable. They were angry, pained. In a way you couldn't go near them because you though they would snap.

It was scary.

"It's all too sudden" His gaze switched from Jungkook's unstable form to my bright eyes. "This might be the calm before the storm".

Is he saying what I think he is saying? I thought. Oh god no.

"So, Jungkook may not be getting any better?" I asked, curious.

His eyes turned softer, already answering my question.

"I am saying that he might be getting hyper, just to suddenly collapse at the end of the day" His voice was monotone, emotionless.

My eyes widened. I stared at the boy.

"You mean?" My breath hitched. "He might die?".

I turned to look at Seokjin. He nodded in response, not a single attempt to look at me.

He was concerned. The way his body sat, eyes glued at the hurt boy. The look in his eyes told me that maybe he truly believed it, that this was all just a false alarm, that his friend was dying, slowly, but surely.

I had to do something about this or he would lose his mind, like the rest of them.

"Seokjin look at me" I said with an intensive tone.

His head whipped to the side, doing as I told.

"Jungkook is going to be okay. He is going to wake up in the next few hours and tomorrow he will be sitting here with us as if nothing ever happened and you will cook us a beautiful dinner in celebration. He will smile and you will too. I am not going to allow you to sit here and do nothing but bash yourself for not helping him for the rest of your life. So go ahead, get your butt off of this floor and do whatever you can to help him, because if you don't, I can guarantee you that these boys will be mad at you and you will lose everything, especially whatever relationship you had with Taehyung". I stared at him, eyes dark. "So tell me Seokjin. Do you prefer to sit here and cry over your possibly dying friend or help him and smile when you see him opening his beautiful brown eyes?".