01.Father

Aria's P.O.V.

I hapilly stepped into my driveway, closing the door to Luke's car behind me as I waved him goodbye.

I laughed to myself after remembering our day with Jacob at the mall.

I unlocked the door and stepped into my house and in the blink of an eye I felt a strong pair of arms on my shoulders and my body smashing into the wall with great force.

"Where have you been?" I looked up to see the angry face of my father. His breath smelled like pure alcohol and a scent of tobacco came from his clothes.

Too afraid to answer, I shook my head.

"Answer me!" he shouted and his chubby hands found their way around my slender neck.

"With L-Luke a-and Ja-Jacob" I stuttered and he tightened his grip at my neck. I could feel my throat getting dry and my lungs were starting to crave for more oxygen by the second.

"You don't go bitchin' around like that with different races" he made a racist comment and my heart suddenly dropped.

He loved Luke and Jacob like his own sons and at that moment I realised how much worse his condition was getting, again.

"You will never leave this house again" I choked on my own saliva as his hands wrapped around my throat tightly, leaving me out of air.

I shouted at the top of my lungs and suddenly felt my hot tears running down my cheek. His head snapped to the side and I found the chance to run into my bedroom and lock myself in.

I wasn't safe.

I sat on my bed and stared at the ceiling with glossy eyes. If he started drinking again, I wasn't safe here. I only took a gap year from college so I could take care of him, so he wouldn't completely destroy himself.

Ever since mom died he had been drinking like an addict and then one day, he stopped. He came home all sober and cheerful. It wad odd, but it was beautiful.

I heard a knock on the door and quickly shoved my book inside the drawer.

"He's here" I swallowed in fear and slowly made my way to the front door.

I swear he was going to kill me one day, accidentally or not, but I had to keep reminding myself that I was still his daughter, his own blood and he wouldn't dare to touch one of his own.

"He loves you, he wouldn't do that"

My shaky hand reached the cold, metal doorknob and turned it to the right.

I closed my eyes, expecting him to come right at me at any moment. Maybe I would add another bruise to my collection or even another scar to my memory box.

My head shot up when my body felt a sudden warmth. I stared at my dad's figure that was holding me in a warm embrace, like a father hugged his child.

"Hey Kiddo" he released me from his hug and I just looked at him, amazed.

"Hi D-Dad" I said with an unstable voice. I called him dad. I hadn't called him dad for a year, ever since he became that horrible human being, the drunk man, a different and ugly man.

"I'm here honey" he smiled at me. It's been a while since I've seen my dad's charming smile.

"I miss that" I thought and smiled back at him.

"Your dad".

I smiled like an idiot and trapped him in my tight embrace. He hugged me back. Holding my head to his chest lovingly.

"I love you" he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too dad"

I have to get out of here.

I looked outside my bedroom door to check if the coast was clear and that my father wasn't running around the hallway.

Once I was sure it was, I grabbed my coat and ran out of the house as fast as I could but still trying not to make a single sound.

I was about twenty metres up the road when I came to a halt and started wandering around the streets.

I looked up at the dark sky. A mass of gray clouds covering the night sky and the faint light of the stars appearing brighter and brighter as the night slowly fell.

It looked like it was about to rain. The atmosphere felt wet and it was starting to get cold, the chilly wind hitting my bare neck. The night was falling fast and the sky changed it's blue color into a deep black. The moon replacing the last rays of the sun.

I walked through the dark street, just two working street lights illuminating the road. As I made my way through an uknown street I felt light drops of water on my skin and looked around for a place that I could shelter myself under.

I walked inside an old, warn down building. It looked aged, the carved marble walls gave off an expensive feel to it.

I entered into a big rectangular room, the sound of my footsteps on the blue shaped floor echoing through the space.

Ten tall columns were spred through the room, most of them either damaged or broken. Weird looking statues decorated every corner of the big space and all kinds of painting were placed on the dented walls.

The place almost looked like an abandoned museum. The gold rims on the wall, the marble floors, the statues and the paintings all felt like they belonged in the same place. Dated many years back.

My eyes wandered curiously through the spacious room and the tons of doorways leading into different rooms. I just wanted to run around the place and explore every single corner.

"You have time" I thought to myself and entered through an opening that led into a vintage looking space.

A big cream couch was placed in the middle of the room right infront of the arched windows that were covered with two long, silky, pink curtains that were ripped in various places. A huge painting of Icarus covering the wall between them.

And then I looked up to the ceiling, painted with great detail to represent a famous painting by Michelangelo. Expensive looking chandeliers were hanging off the ceiling, one also thrown to the floor.

What happened here?

As my eyes studied the room with great detail, my ear caught a sound coming from the left. It almost sounded like a cry.

I followed the sound to a staircase in the middle of a small room.

I went up the spiral staircase with light footsteps and a heavy head.

I'm not afraid.

Once I got up a certain point I was sure the sound was just a step away and I hid my body behind the marvolous black column. My head shot to the side just enough so I could take a peek.

My mouth opened widely when I saw what was infront of me. I gasped, a slight sound escaping my lips.

The person's head shot backwards and the moonlight illuminated the features of what seemed to be the most beautiful person that ever caught my eye.

------
Hi guys,

So I am aware that there are some mistakes and I know this chapter isn't that good but I will work on it as I go. Anyway, I promise it gets better as it goes one.

Please comment and vote if you enjoyed.