Another one

My second time arriving at the mansion was much more relaxed despite my persistent reluctance to be there. 

Lord Motte led me gallantly by my arm, which he insisted be linked with his when I refused to hold his hand. I was purposely trying to be difficult, but my actions only seemed to heighten his amusement. 

"You're awfully pleased with yourself, aren't you?" I groan as he shuts the mansion doors behind us once we finally entered the horrid place once again. 

I looked around the room while I waited for his answer. "Has it gotten more gloomy in here since I was here last? Has even more death occurred between these walls to add to the already overwhelming charm?" 

"No, of course not. I don't have the time when I'm too busy saving you." He smartly comments, facing me with a smirk. 

"I wouldn't have needed to be saved if you hadn't decided to turn me!" I snarl. I was suddenly feeling like a toddler throwing a tantrum, but I didn't care. He turned me without my permission! He's stolen my life from me...or what was left of it anyways.

He rolls his eyes and calmly ignores my outrage. "You would have been caught either way. I believe a thank you is in order-" 

"Oh, you are unbelievable! I am not thanking you for-" I clench my fists but he covers my mouth with his palm, directly looking into my eyes. 

"No, shush. I'm thanking you." He says slowly while looking intensely at me. "You released me from the curse, and thankfully, because of that, I was able to come after you." 

I pause, before ripping his hand from my mouth. "I didn't intend to help you. That was the absolute last thing on my mind!" I remark stubbornly, crossing my arms. 

He suddenly smiles to himself and pulls a hanky from his black coat pocket. Gingerly he dabs the side of my mouth, grinning in amusement. "You've got a little blood there. You'll have to learn to wipe your mouth more efficiently in the future." 

I growl and stomp away from him. I'm at the absolute end of my wits with this guy!

"Alright. Off to bed with you." He calls after me. "You need a nap, clearly."

"Oh, napping is the last thing on my mind." I huff. "I just need to get some space between you and I, alright? Ease my mind for a sec so I don't rip your head off!" 

He simply cocks his head as he watches me approach the stairs and proceed to stomp up them. "Do you even know where you're going? Do you have a destination in mind?" He taunts lightly. 

"No, but I assume I can claim a room as my own, can I not? If I am to be stuck here?" I swivel to face him briefly. 

"Of course. Or you can take the room I made up for you. It's the second door down the hall on the right if you're interested." He says with a shrug. 

I hesitate, absolutely hating the idea of taking what he's offering. "What? Did you have a mind-controlled human servant do it for you?" 

"No, I did that myself. I only use those servants temporarily for something I cannot physically do myself, and then they are free to go." He raises his eyebrows as he shuts down my accusation. So far, all he's done is get someone from the diner to come and bring me a burger. 

"Did you even pay for that burger?" I challenge him weakly. 

"No. Ridiculous small town prices." He winks before walking away. "I'll be in the basement when you're ready to settle things! Get acquainted perhaps on a topic besides murder." He calls behind him as he walks away. 

"Oh, that's comforting! What on earth would you be doing down there?" I call behind him without a response. "More murder?" I add to myself, sitting down on the steps. I can only rest my head in my hands then as I wait for my angry heart to calm down. 

I am trapped. I have fallen exactly into place as destiny so sickly decided for me. I had no control over my fate. Perhaps, I never did. 

Perhaps, everything in my life has simply meant nothing as long as it brought me here. Scarring my relationship with my mother so she wouldn't miss me, never knowing my father so that I would never miss him - or even worse, perhaps I was supposed to so angry with him that I caused the end of his life. That was the key decider, wasn't it? That in order to be saved, I would have to be a murderer? A criminal on the run? 

I let a stray tear fall and wipe it away just as quickly as I listen to the silence. 

I sit in self-contemplation for quite a while before Lord Motte returns, a skip in his step. 

"What's going on with you?" I call. 

He looks up. "Dear, you have an issue with my directions or have you no energy to move?" 

I don't respond and stand up, unamused by his humour. "What are you doing back so soon?" 

"It's been two hours." He laughs at me as he approaches me. 

"What are you doing?" I narrow my eyes as he skips up the stairs towards me. 

"Hiding." He smiles at me as he passes by me, nonchalantly grabbing my arm and taking me with him. "You're coming with me."

"Why?" I growl and rip myself away from him to which he only laughs. "Not over everything, I see?" 

"You have to give a girl time to say goodbye to literally everything in her life!" I respond shortly. 

He shakes his head with a grin. "You'll always have the energy to sass me, won't you?"

"Yes," I reply proudly. 

"Good." He muses. "It's extremely attractive." 

My jaw drops. 

"Now, we're hiding to make it more fun." He continues, drawing me into a dark corner on the top floor. 

"From what?" I say, not bothering to resist him any longer. 

"The next girl." He smirks. 

"What?" I hiss angrily. "You're telling me more girls are coming?" 

"Well, I don't know how many, but yes. Another one will be here any second in fact." He smiles. "You weren't automatically the last one to come. There will be more until they run out." 

I have no words at that moment. 

And I don't get a chance to speak before we both hear a soft knock on the mansion doors.