Chapter Seventy One

Start from the beginning

"Victor and Gabriel told me there was a lake. Gabriel said that it would be a perfect scene for us to have our pictures taken," she gives me a shy curve of her lips and I grin in response as she adds, "but maybe we should have just got back in the pool."

"Sang, the lake will be perfect. We just have to find it." I come to a stop and she's stops with me, looking up at me with eyes full of adoration. God, this girl adores me and I have no idea why. What is it she's sees in me to look at me like that?

"What are we doing?" She whispers.

"If there's a lake, which I'm sure there is, we should be able to hear the stream. After all, the water does come from somewhere. Once we've found the sound, we follow it." I'm just hoping I can concentrate enough to focus on finding the sound and not the beautiful girl in front of me.

"So what do we do?" She asks, curious.

"Close your eyes," I whisper.

She smiles and closes her eyes. My feet move just a little towards her. I keep her hand clasped into my hand.

"Keep your breathing steady and just listen," I whisper, taking a slow deep breath of my own before slowly, quietly, releasing it. "What can you hear?" I ask after a few sounds.

"My own heartbeat," she tells me. "It's beating so fast right now."

I lick my lips, my eyes moving over her face, taking in her fluttering lashes, pink lips and Button nose. "Why's that?" We're barely whispering.

She swallows and licks her lips. "I can feel how close to me you are, I can feel the weight of your almond eyes weighing heavily on my face. You make me nervous...but excited all at the same time."

"Why are you nervous?"

Her eyes flutter open and she tilts her head back a little to look at me. "Nervous because we're so close." Her thumb starts slowly moving over the top of mine.

"Why are you excited?" I ask, moving enough to close the space between us. Her chest brushes mine and I inhale at the contact.

She drops her eyes to my chest and lays her hand on it, over my shirt, right over my heart. Despite trying to keep my breathing even, she's still making me a little breathless which is making my heart beat faster in my chest. "Because," she whispers, pausing to lick her lips. "I'm hoping you'll kiss me."

My free hand lifts to her face as a smile spreads across my face. I tuck some hair behind her ear, loving it when she turns her pink stained cheek into my touch. "You want me to kiss you?"

She nods her head and closes her eyes. "I want you to kiss me, I want all of you to kiss me, but I want your kiss right here, right now."

How can I deny her a kiss?

I can't. It's impossible.

Besides, I want it too. Probably more than she wants me to kiss her.

My face lowers to hers, my nose brushing against hers as I look down at her lips and see them part. My eyes lift and I find hers watching mine, waiting, a sparkle in her beautiful eyes.

She's the one that closes the space between our lips. Her eyes shut and her lips touch mine gently, pressing lightly. My own eyes shut and I part my lips, licking the seam of hers, silently telling her to open her mouth for me.

She does, her hand sliding up my chest. She wraps her arm around my neck, pulling me in deeper as our tongues meet for the first time. They slowly stroke together, her minty taste exploding on my tongue.

I could get lost kissing this girl and I'd be happy.

Sang breaks the kiss, pressing two more to the side of my mouth before pulling back to look at me. I blink my eyes open and smile at her. "What are you doing to me, Sang?"