Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty
Sang

I could get lost in his eyes. I could stare at them all day and never get bored. Even if they're blank, not showing a hint of emotion, like they are now; I'd still be amazed by the steel grey of his eyes, fanned with long dark lashes, the black frames of his glasses making them look bright.

The adrenaline running through me causes my body to start shaking, the nerves finally kicking in over an event that has already happened and maybe what's still to come. This won't go unnoticed by the higher ups in the school and out of it. I'd be surprised if it was.

The loud sudden sound of cheering, whoops, and hollers followed by clapping have me flinching in Mr Blackbourne's arms. He crouches just slightly and slowly places me on my feet. I hold onto his arm, making sure I have my balance before releasing him and turning around, finding our audience.

"Go, Girl, Go!"

"You rock, Sang."

My eyes are wide as my they jump from one face to another, taking in their humming excitement over what has just happened. Hands come on my shoulders and I'm spun around, almost colliding with the chest that has the purple material of a button down shirt stretched across it. "Are you okay, Miss Sang?"

I open my mouth, trying to find my voice, but knowing that a few hundred, maybe more of the student population in this school is focused on me, cheering for me, has me closing my mouth. I can't do it. I nod my head in a jerky nod as I'm spun once more and pulled into a hard chest. I breath deeply, catching the wonderful scent of musk. "Shit, you scared the crap out of me, Baby."

North's shocked, panicked, and scared voice has me pulling away and looking straight into those deep brown eyes of his. I smile, still unsure if I can find my voice once more, shrugging my shoulders in an attempt to tell him it was nothing.

"Oy, you crazy bird. Way to give a young fucking guy a heart attack." Gabriel wraps me in a hug, Luke quickly coming up at my back. "You scared me, Trouble."

"And me, Cupcake."

"All of us," Silas says. I pull myself away from Gabriel and Luke and focus on the big teddy bear before me. "You scared me." I give him my most apologetic look and a sad smile. It isn't his fault, and when I find my voice, I'll assure him of this.

"Quiet!" The loud, booming my voice has me spinning around and stumbling back into Silas. Mr McCoy stands just past the now silent students, a man I recognise as the principal, Mr Hendricks, standing at his side. Mr McCoy focuses his eyes on us. "Classroom 205, now. We'll be discussing this."

"The rest of you, back to class. Any arguments and you'll be immediately suspended." Mr Hendricks says. His eyes focus above our heads. "You boys, get Greg off the floor, and join us in classroom 205." He focuses his eyes on me, and me alone. "Punishments will be given out."

xXx

My knees are pulled up to my chest, my forehead resting on the material of my jeans and the hardness of my kneecaps, as the silence of the room causes my nerves to go haywire. The adrenaline I felt is long gone, and has been since the moment I walked into this room.

I immediately sat down in the corner of the room, right up against the wall and that's where I have been since. Luke gave me my camera, and I've held it to my chest, not letting it go as the boys, including Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green, made themselves into a protective wall around me.

I silently thank them.

Greg's buddies, including Greg himself, keep sending us all insults, calling us nasty names, but we've ignored them by not retaliating. Although, I have seen some fists clench and teeth grind from the corner of my eye.