Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six
Sang

Sean's eyes widen at my softly spoken question, while Raven raises his eyebrows. Marc pauses from where he was about to stand from the sofa, ending up in a half sitting and half standing position. Axel just stares at me with a blank face.

"Don't worry about her, little bird. She don't like that she hasn't been getting much attention these past few weeks." Raven says. I shrug my shoulder, it's nothing to do with me though I was curious about the relationship they have—one girl and five boys. It's intrigued me.

Marc finally stands and picks up a black mug. He brings it over to me, and I meet his eye as I curl my fingers around the handle, taking it from him. "I added a sugar cube to give it a little sweetness."

"Thank you," I whisper. Marc's eyes move over my face for a brief second. I wonder for a moment if I have something on my face, and am I'm about to ask him when he gives me a bright smile before sitting back down in his seat.

I move back to where I was sitting with Dr Green and take my seat, taking a small sip of my coffee. It's bitter with a hint of sweetness. I like it. I tell Marc this and his whole face brightens.

"So you do speak?" Raven asks, his head tilted to the side in curiosity.

I nod my head, but find myself looking towards Dr Green. He clears his throat and says, "Sang only started speaking with us this past week." Looking at the three other males in the room I can see the question that they want to voice, but don't. I place my coffee on the table and clasp my hands together. "It's new," Dr Green says.

Dr Green's looks towards me and he frowns. His eyes don't have that normal sparkle and I wonder what he's thinking for him to have lost it. My lips part, but I can't find the words to voice my question right. Instead, I take his hand in mine and gently squeeze, which he returns.

"She's...expected," Raven says."Unexpected. Whatever the stupid word is." He stands up from his seat and disappears down the hall. Axel and Marc stare after him before looking at each other, and I realise they're doing the silent communication thing that my guys do.

"I'll go talk to him," Marc says. "Enjoy your coffee, Sang." With that, Marc disappears down the hall after Raven. I hear a knock, the low murmur of voices before silence.

"Is he okay?" I ask, looking towards Axel.

He blinks those almond shaped eyes at me. "He'll be fine." His voice is laced with worry, worry for his friend. He moves to the sofa and sits down opposite us. "Sang, I'm going to ask you a few questions before everyone gets here and you're unable to get a word out." His eyes flick to Dr Green. "Is that okay with you?"

"Fine with me. Sang?" Dr Green asks.

"That's fine," I whisper, wondering what he could possibly be asking me. Would it be about the followers my guys had? The man in the bathroom and the two outside of the store? Will they give me a hint at who it was?

"Alright." Axel clears his throat and quickly pushes his glasses up his nose, before moving some hair from his face. My eyes watch both of the movements in fascination; the way he used his middle finger to push up his glasses instead of his forefinger.

I close my eyes; this can't be normal. This...attraction? Can it be called that? I'm not sure, but you would have thought the way my heart stuttered in my chest, the way the butterflies fluttered in my belly when my guys were about would be enough for little Sang Sorenson; shy, quiet, photographer to handle. Obviously not. I have another three of them to worry about.

With two more to meet, and I can't wait to see the five of them together—to see how different yet similar they are, the same way I see with my guys. I would love to watch them all together, all nine plus five. Take photos. So many photos. The possibilities. The images already flashing in my head at what I could capture.