Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five
Sang

I find everyone excluding Raven, downstairs—he's still in the shower. The rest are all in the kitchen, and lining the counter are different containers filled with different foods. Plates are out on the side as everyone collects what they want. "You do know that you can't dump this my garbage bin, don't you?"

Nathan holds up a trash bag. "I'm prepared. I'll chuck it all in my garbage."

"Alright," I murmur, moving forward to see what food there is. There's box of bacon and another full of scrambled eggs. There's tubs of strawberries and a couple packs of bread rolls.

Marc hands me a plate and I take it from him. I pick up a roll before heading to the bacon container.

"Where can we eat, Cupcake?" Luke asks, his plate piled up with two rolls, bacon, and eggs.

"Dining room, I guess. I won't have enough seats for everyone," I tell him.

"We'll sit on the floor," Axel says, those almond eyes staring down at me from where I stand at his side. "As long as you get a seat."

"I can sit on the floor too, it's not a problem." He shakes his head, dismissing me. I sigh and pick up two pieces of bacon, popping them onto my plate.

"Strawberries?" North asks. I nod and he puts a few on my plate. They look ripe, sweet, and juicy. I thank him before heading for the dining room; only an arm coming out in front of me stops me in my path.

My eyes meet Marc's incredible blue and green ones. "Coffee?" He asks, holding a cup out to me with steam rising from the cup. I take it from him with a thanks, and finally free myself from the kitchen.

As I'm walking by the family room, I peek inside when I hear the keys being played, and I find Victor sitting at the piano, playing a song I would recognize anywhere. "Vivaldi. Winter."

Victor's head snaps up and his fire eyes find mine. "You know it?" I nod my head. It was one of Mom's favorites, and the first real song I learned to play. Victor's fire eyes blaze as he smiles and stands up. "We'll have to play together sometime."

My shoulders tense causing pain to shoot down my arm, but I push it aside. I'm not sure how he knows I play. I try and remember if I told him, but I'm can't recall. But then, I remember my first meeting with Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green. Dad had put it on my application form at the school. "Yeah, maybe. It's been a while. I may not be that good anymore," I tell him.

Victor comes to stand in front of me. His hand comes up and he pushes some hair behind my ear. "When you're ready." I'm glad he said that, because I'm not sure if I am ready yet, even if the urge to play last night did make my fingers twitch.

I nod in response. Victor goes to the kitchen, and I continue on to the dining room. There's a seat free at the small, four chair, square table. I sit down, as Brandon on my left sits back and drinks his coffee, his plate empty. On my right is Mr Blackbourne and across from me is Kota.

The others slowly start to pile in and sit down on the floor, as I nibble at my bacon roll and sip at my coffee. In all honesty, I'm not that hungry, but I'll eat, especially as I didn't eat last night.

"We don't know how long Mr Sorenson is going to be gone for, so let's get this started," Mr Blackbourne says. "Miss Sorenson, we've arranged living arrangements for all of us out of the Sargent Jasper, and so that we're not all alone. It's best if we stay in pairs, if not more."

I know what's coming next before he even says it. I sip my coffee before placing it back on the table and putting some bread in my mouth after.

"You're father leaves tonight on his business trip, am I correct?" I nod my head. Mr Blackbourne continues. "Do you know how long he will be gone?"