Chapter Fifty Six

Capturing Them
Chapter Fifty Six
Sang

"Can we do something this evening?" I ask North as he drives us home from school in his jeep.

"Like what, Baby?" He asks.

"Just something," I say with a sigh. "I'm tired of being stuck in the house."

"Agreed," Luke says from the back seat.

His lips purse as he glances over at me. "We could go Nathan's," he says. "He has the pool, and it's a nice day for it too."

Now it's my turn to purse my lips. "Sounds great..." I trail off and look out the window. "...if you have a swimsuit."

"You don't have a swimsuit?" Luke asks and I turn in my seat to look at him. His grin is so wide, I wonder what he's thinking about, to have him looking like that with a sparkle in his eye. "You could wear your birthday suit," he offers.

I gasp. "I'm not swimming naked, Luke." North, Luke, and Silas laugh. "Besides, I can't swim because of my shoulder."

"I'm sure Nathan will have a waterproof wound wrap Doc can put on when he gets to Nathan's with Mr B," Silas says. "He needs to change it anyway, right?"

"He does," I answer. "Still doesn't help with my not having a swimsuit situation."

"We can make it work, Baby, don't worry."

"So, that's the plan?" Luke asks. "I can text everyone to let them know."

"Yeah, that's what we're doing," North agrees. "We'll go straight there."

For the rest of the journey home, I think about Marc and his texts this morning. I wonder how it went with Kayli and how they are now. I trying not to pry, but I would like to know what he thinks and I haven't had a message from him since. Maybe I shouldn't have sent it, I think to myself as doubt continues to take hold. I'll have to apologize later.

We arrive at Nathan's, and Silas is the one to open my door for me and I thank him with a smile before heading for the house. I haven't been inside Nathan's house yet, so I do wonder what it looks like inside.

It's tidy—that's the first thing I notice. The guys are always tidying up around my house, so I don't know why I expected anything different.

I follow North, Luke, and Silas into the family room where Axel, Brandon, Corey, Raven, and Marc are. They immediately look up at our entrance. "Hey, good day?" Corey asks with a smile.

My eyes go to Marc as North starts telling them about the day. Nothing interesting happened; Rocky stayed clear of us, Mr McCoy and Mr Hendricks barely acknowledge us, and no drugs were noticed being sold on school grounds. We went to our classes, did our work, and kept our eyes open.

Mismatched blue and green eyes focus on me, his brows scrunching into a frown. "You okay?" Marc mouths at me.

I nod my head and offer him a smile as I drop my bag on the floor in the corner, keeping it out of the way, and sit down next to Brandon on one of the couches. He looks over at me the same time I look over at him. "Are you okay?" I ask him.

His lips tilt up into a smile and the sadness in his eyes fades just a little. "Yeah, Short Stuff, I'm okay—we're okay."

"Good." I pause, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Today go okay?" I ask hesitantly, not sure if I have the right to ask. I'm a concerned friend, I want—rather, need—to know if he's okay.

Brandon nods his head. "It was unexpected, but we'll talk about it another time."

I nod my head just as the front door opens. A few seconds later Nathan, Kota, Victor, and Gabriel walk into the room. Gabriel is carrying a bag with a band name on it.

"What's in the bag?" Marc asks.

"Nothing for you," Gabriel exclaims. "It's for Trouble."

My eyes go to Luke. "You told him, didn't you?

"Maaybee," Luke says, dragging the word out.

My cheeks heat. "Please tell me it's a one piece swimsuit?"

Gabriel scoffs and looks at me in horror. "Fuck, no." He comes over to me and sits down on the coffee table in front of me. "It's a two piece swimsuit."

"Wait, is it a bikini?" Corey asks. "You bought her a bikini?"

"That's the same as underwear, dude," Brandon says with a laugh.

"Shut the fuck up, asshole," Gabriel exclaims. Looking to me, Gabriel says, "I need to take you shopping anyway, this is just a head start and without you trying things on."

"I don't need to go shopping," I tell him.

His eyebrow raises. "Uh, yeah, you do. You wear clothes way too big for your size and I know that beneath all that baggy shit is one hell of a body."

My face is flaming with heat. "I like my baggy...shit."

"Sang, if you don't want to wear the swimsuit, we can sort out a t-shirt and a pair of shorts for you," Kota offers.

My eyes drop to the bag and I hold out my hand for it. Gabriel grins and hands it over. Hesitantly, I reach inside, finding the silk like material of the two piece suit. I pull them out and drop the bag at my side before dropping the two small pieces of material into my lap, both pieces a very bright neon pink.

I pick up the top first. It ties around my neck and at my back with tiny string ties. Those could come undone with very little force.

"Jesus fucking Christ," North mumbles, making my eyes dart to him as my face continues to flame. He shuffles in his seat as he looks at the bikini top with wide eyes before dropping them closed and resting his head on the back of the couch. I don't understand his reaction, and I'm unsure if I want to.

I drop the bikini top and pick up the bottoms. They too tie at the sides and it's the tiniest piece of material I've ever seen, both pieces are actually. But I'm surprisingly considering putting them on. I mean, what have I got to lose? Nothing, nothing at all.

"You're considering it," Gabriel says with a grin.

"Sang in a bikini," Luke says, wiggling his eyebrows at me when I peek in his direction.

"I'm going to go for a quick shower before we get in the pool," Nathan mumbles. "A cold one."

Kota and Victor shake their heads at Nathan as he quickly leaves the room. Raven and Brandon start chuckling. "Why would he go for a shower before getting in the pool?" I ask, not sure what's so funny.

"So he can—" Silas is cut off by Axel punching him in the thigh. Silas rubs at his leg. "Shit, I was only going to say so he can be clean."

"Sure you were," Axel mutters.

It's take a minute but realization dawns on me and the only thing I can do is cover my face with my hands to hide my blush. I think I need to take a cold shower to cool down—and not in the same way I think Nathan has just gone for one.

"So, are you going put it on, Trouble?" Gabriel asks, pulling my hands from my face. My green eyes connect with his baby blue's and he grins. "You're going to, aren't ya?"

I nod my head and shrug my shoulder at the same time. "I have nothing to lose," I tell him.

"No, Little Bird, you don't."