Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen
Sang

"Hey, stay close okay?" Silas says as we leave Biology, his tall frame towering over mine. I nod my head and give him a small smile. After leaving Mr Blackbourne's office, we all went to our classes. The boys have stayed close and have escorted me to each one, meeting another one at my next class. It's been different, but I'm thankful for it. I keep looking over my shoulder for Greg, my eyes darting all over the place.

I've seen him a few times. Each time he would meet my questioning stare with amused, evil eyes and a smirk. He's planning something, and I want to know what it is. We haven't been able to figure out what Friday Fall is through the whispers of the students, and that's making myself and the boys nervous.

I shake my head and look in front of me, startled when I see the back of some sort of logo t-shirt. Silas wasn't wearing anything like that, and I start looking around for him, my eyes wide with panic. Being so short, I try and peek over the heads of everyone knowing he'll stand out, but every time I push up onto my tiptoes, I get knocked and end up stumbling.

I have Japanese class next with Dr Sean and Victor. The best thing for me to do right now is head in that direction, so that's what I do. My eyes dart from one face to another, trying to find a familiar one through the heaving crowd. My hands shake at my side, my spidey sense telling me that being alone right now isn't a good thing.

I let out a silent scream when an arm wraps around my shoulders and chest, pulling me back, my feet dragging in front of me. I claw at the hands, my nails biting into flesh. In my panic, I smell menthol and body odor. Oh no.

I'm pulled into a classroom, the door slamming shut behind me. I wish I could have screamed, to just find my voice and let out a blood curdling scream. Why didn't I do that? I could have done it. Being silent doesn't seem to be that great anymore. I'm released and pushed into the wall. My hands come up, pressing into the paint brick work to stop my face from hitting it. I turn around, slamming my back into the wall, as if it would swallow me up and take me away.

Greg smirks. "Well, that was easier then I thought it would be. Those idiotic minions have been swarming you since this morning."

My eyes are wide, my heart is a frantic beat in my chest. I don't say anything, but I do feel fear and I'm sure it's reflected in my eyes.

Greg's friend chuckles darkly. "Just have to wait now until the halls clear and then we can get this show on the road."

Greg tilts his head to the side. "Think your body guards will come running when they hear the whispers of us having their mute?" I flinch. He laughs. "Aw, don't you like being called a mute?" He walks towards me and doesn't stop until we're nose to nose, toe to toe. I want to turn my head away at the stench on his breath. "I bet I can make you scream my name, little girl."

I close my eyes and shake my head. No. He wouldn't be able to do that.

I tense up when I feel the material of my t-shirt shifting against my stomach and it's not because of my deep, heavy, and uneven breaths. Cool air hits my stomach, and I whimper, turning my head away. "You hide under all this clothing. Such beautiful skin."

I retaliate. My hands fly up and make contact with his chest. I find all the strength I have and push, causing him to stumble back. I open my eyes and glare at him but he just smirks, licking his lips. "I can't wait for a taste."

"Time to go, Greg," his friend says. "The others are meeting us there."

"Let's go then, Eric." Greg grins, wrapping a hand around my wrist. Eric, Greg's friend, pulls open the door and Greg follows, dragging me behind him. I try and tug my hand free as he pulls me towards the staircase that leads up onto the second floor, but his grip only tightens, so much so I'm gritting my teeth in pain.