Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen
Owen

She runs.

My hand wraps around Sean's biceps as he goes to chase after her. He looks to me and I shake my head. "Leave her."

"I can't just let her run off." He argues.

My eyes flick to the others and find them watching in the direction Sang went. Turning around, I follow their gaze and watch as she runs up her porch, shakily trying to unlock the door with her keys. She doesn't look back at us as she goes inside, the slamming of the door echoing down the street. "You have to." I mutter. "Let's go inside. Maybe you boys could explain to me what happened?" I raise an eyebrow at them.

Sean curses under his breath and turns around, opening Nathan's front door. I follow him inside and the others follow me. We find seats in the family room and once everyone is seated, I bark out one word. "Explain."

Victor sighs and looks to me. "I saw Sang text Doc in Japanese, shocked that she had his number and now he has hers. You could say I was probably jealous over that small fact."

I look to Sean and raise an eyebrow. He shrugs his shoulder, looking guilty. "I may have taunted him over it. Just a bit." Not just a bit. He wanted it known that he had her number.

I shake my head at him and focus back on Victor. He continues. "I texted the others and we all came to the conclusion that we wanted that number. I kind of made it my mission to get it."

"You hacked my phone?" Sean asks, looking not at all shocked – because he had received the text from Sang asking how they got her number - but hurt by the confession. "I could have things on my phone that I don't want your young minds to see." I force myself to not roll my eyes.

"I only went into your contacts; noted down her number and her email address." I raise an eyebrow, knowing that's not all. "Okay, I checked his emails also and when I saw she had emailed him – from a computer – I knew I would be able to trace it."

"What are you saying, Mr Morgan?" I ask him, my voice stern.

He looks extremely guilty and sorry. "I got onto her system and did some snooping."

This doesn't surprise me; the boys are curious, Sean is curious and so am I. I nod my head. "And what is it you found?"
"Pictures; tons and tons of pictures in many folders. We have a folder dedicated to just us also."

This surprises me. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does. I've seen her snapping pictures today when I did my 'rounds' and I know she also got a picture of myself. It should concern me, but it doesn't. A sweet, innocent, shy girl like Sang wouldn't take photos to spy.

"We've come to the conclusion she's a people watcher." North says, folding his arm across his chest. "Especially after what Luke found."

"Luke found?" I repeat, my eyes shifting to Luke who doesn't meet my eye although I know he can feel the weight of my stare by the way he's shifting In his seat. "Care to explain, Mr Taylor?"

He nods his head and then goes on to explain that he went into her house and snooped in her room. That she has so many scrap books with printed photos in them. Some have comments, some do not. He then tells me about a certain picture she took and the notes she had written beside it.

"Why are we only finding out about this now?" Sean asks. I'm glad he could ask the question – it would take me a few minutes to simmer my anger at Luke's invasion of privacy combined with Victor's, when neither of it was necessary.
"I did it of my own volition, Doc. I was curious."

I take in a deep breath, simmering down my anger some. "Now may someone tell me why Miss Sorenson was here?"
"I texted her." Luke blurts. We already knew that one of them had – this confirms which one of them sent her a text. "When Victor gave us her number, the only person we didn't give it to was North. Wanting to mess with him a bit, we told him that he could only earn it by eating a bar of chocolate." North grunts and from the corner of my eye I see Sean bow his head, hiding his smile although his shoulders shake with his silent snickers. "So I texted her."