Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Stop laughing!" Evan said glaring at me.

"Im not laughing! Im just making wierd sounds that sound like laughter!" I told him laughing. Evan and Caleb were currently washing my dad's car. Caleb had no problem washing the car though Evan on the other hand.....

"It's not funny! This is the first time I wash a car! Heck, I dont even wash my car. I hire people to do it for me!" Evan told me complaning for the 100th time.

"You hire people to do it for you. Wow rich boy are you so stupid you dont know how to wash a car?" I heard someone hiss behind me. I turned around and saw Katie.

"KATIE! I haven't seen you in like forever!" I screamed hugging her.

"Sadie you saw me two days ago." She stated laughing.

"48 hours too long!" She just laughed and pushed me playfully. That's what I love about Katie she's one of the few people that could handle my weirdness. Her one flaw she hates rich people. Her father left her mother when she found out she wasn't rich. Point said Katie thinks all rich people are heartless.

"Whatever pauper, no need to be jealous." Evan told her smirking. I quickly grabbed Katie and pushed her into the house since she looked ready to attack him.

"Uh! I hate that jerk! How could you live with him?" Katie asked me.

"Well, he's a lot nicer to me." I told her smirking. Hmm Evan and Katie. Team kevan? I smilled to my self and entered my room.

"So what do you want to do?" Katie asked me sitting down on my bed.

"Prank call!" I told her pulling out my phone. Hmm who should we call. I quickly dialled *67 before the phone number and waited for Caleb to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Caleb West?" I asked him in a weird accent.

"Um.. Yes?"

"Well mister sir, just wanted to let you know that your peach flavored tampons, and your bacon flavored pads are ready. You could pick them up at Walgreens from 3:00 to 3:02." I said trying not to laugh. I ended the call and looked outside to see Caleb blushing and Evan laughing.

"Hey Sadie, I just realized you never told me what you saw on the computer in Mrs.M's classroom. What did you see?" She asked me with a curious gaze.

"Lets just say it was a picture of Mrs.M and Mr.Jones doing something not for kids of all ages." I told her closing my eyes so I could get that terrible picture out of my head. She laughed and we talked about girl stuff for the rest of the day until she had to leave.

I walked into the dinning room and took a seat next to my dad. Everyone ate in silence which was really weird since it's always so loud.

"So why is everyone so quiet?" I asked breaking the silence. My dad glared at me for some unknown reason and so did Evan. Was I not suppose to ask?

"Guys stop glaring at her. She's going to be living in this house for a long time so she should know." Emma told everyone glaring at them. She turned to me and her eyes immediatly turned sad.

"Today would be my daughters birthday." She told me her eyes getting waterly. Would? Was her daughter dead? Oh my gosh I shouldn't have asked.

"No she's not dead. I was young and stupid. I did something I regret. I gave her away and when I wanted her back it was too late. I've been searching for her for 17 years." She told me crying. I felt bad. I shouldn't have asked.

"I'm so sorry, I hope you find her one day." I told her offering a small smile. She excused herself and walked into the other room. Jason ran after and I could hear him comforting her. I went to my room feeling uncomfortable of the stares everyone at the table was giving me. I layed down on my bed and fell into a deep sleep.