26. Parting Ways

"What did you just say?"
"Are you out of mind?"

Obviously my friends didn't take it well. But I had to make them understand.

"Listen girls, we planned this trip to spend time with each other and have the trip of our lifetime. It had to be just us. Why do these guys have to join us throughout our trip? This trip was meant for just us three. Why do these guys have to come in between and change our plans? I am just saying that I think it's time we part our ways with the boys." I waited for them to say something but they just looked at me blank. It seemed as if they were thinking through what I just said and they didn't look happy about it.

"But Sofia, they've helped us and it is fun with them." Aria frowned and Jen agreed with her.

"I agree but that doesn't mean we have to continue our trip with them? I came here to spend time with you both and make the best of it. You're my best friends, not them. Don't you think I am right?" I just hoped I could put some sense inside their head! I know it'll be difficult for us to leave the boys but we didn't come here to find love or boyfriend or whatever. We came here to spend time with each other and enjoy this trip. In the end, it has to be us three.

"I have no idea what you're saying but I'm not leaving the boys. It'll be so rude! What about you Jen? What do you think?" My heart sank hearing those words from Aria and we both looked at Jen, waiting for her answer.

"I mean I don't want to leave the boys!" She said with an innocent face.

I couldn't believe what I was listening. My best friends don't care about me anymore. I thought maybe I could convince them, but no. I was wrong. They care more about the boys. I was disheartened and at the same time my heart was raging with anger. I was pissed off.

"You know what? Fuck y'all. I don't care. I am leaving. Whether you come or not! I am sorry for thinking too much about our friendship. I forgot you've got new friends now!" And I got to my feet with a red face. Opened the door and there he was, Jake, looking at me all confused.

"Hey girl!" He waved. I looked at him dead and walked away from there. I heard the girls calling me out but I was too mad to talk to them. I knew if I talked to them when I'm mad, it would cause a chaos and things will get worse. (As if it wasn't already)

****

My thoughts raced throughout my mind while I was stirring my coffee. I didn't know where else to go so I went to the café that was in the hotel itself. It was a nice, small, peaceful place consisting of wooden seatings. It had an old school cafe kind of feeling. Retro songs playing at a low volume. I don't remember the last time when I was so calm. I ordered a cappuccino and some cookies. There were not so many people, just some middle aged couples and a bunch of oldies, complaining about the system while sipping on hot tea. I've always loved eavesdropping on other people's conversation. You get to hear so many weird things. I remember once back in San Francisco when I went for a walk in the park, I overheard a girl saying that she needs go for a Brazilian wax! I turned around to see the girl and she looked not older than 14. And I thought, why the fuck do you need a Brazilian wax? It's weird, I know!

Suddenly, I heard an old man who was sitting with his friends right behind me yelling at his friend. "What are you a teenage girl? You cannot blame me for meeting after so long. At least we're not like these young kids who don't know the meaning of friendship and just text each other on their birthdays. And they won't even care if you're alive or dead. They just keep on planning to meet but never end up meeting. They get new friends and forget the old. They forget what the old friends have done for them. In this generation, people just watch each other's social media and never talk in real life. They don't know the meaning of friendship my friend."

I was breathing heavily and tears escaped my eyes. I tried my best to control myself but this thing hit me hard! I thought I've lost my friends. My best friends! Was it a bad idea to come to this trip? It was my plan after all. It ruined my friendship. Will our friendship also will be like others? Meeting once in a blue moon with not more than greetings to talk about? Seeing their name on the contact list and thinking to call them but never really dial it? Planning to leave them a text but thinking that they might be busy or not missing you and drop the plan anyway? Back bitch about them when you're with your other friends? Is this what it is going to turn into? Changed meanings of our friendship?

No. I cannot let this happen! I pushed my chair back and rushed towards our room. Struggling to run through the smooth tiles in my flip flops. I managed to dodge all the people and I could see them staring back at me. Probably thinking that who is this crazy girl running through the corridors! But I didn't care. All I care about is my friends.

I opened our room's door only to see them happily talking with the boys. Zac and Caleb had joined in too. The smile on my face slowly faded. I was almost on the verge of crying. But I didn't let it show on my face. I walked towards them and took a deep breath. "We'll continue this trip!" They were about to jump. "But just us three!" I could see the look of betrayal in their eyes. The boys just looked at each other awkwardly. My eyes fell upon Jake and our eyes met just for a few seconds.

Aria came close to me, grabbed my arm and took me the living room. Jen followed us. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Why are you making it so difficult for everybody?"

"Huh? I am making it difficult?" I said. Confused. What the hell did I do?

"Of course Sofia. You think everything is about you. But no, we have our own lives too. Why is it that every time we have to listen to you and do everything as you say?"

I was hurt to an extent that the tears couldn't stay in my eyes! Couldn't believe these words were coming from my best friends.

"I just wanted to finish this trip with you both. We started this trip together and I wanted it to end together." I managed to speak between the sobs. "But you know what? It's okay. It's fucking okay! I'll finish this trip alone. It's perfectly fine." They didn't utter a word. And I knew what it meant!

I went to the bedroom, gathered my stuff and packed my bag. The boys were confused. They didn't know what to do. I noticed Jake looking at me a couple of times. A thousand thoughts running through my mind. A thousand words that I wanted to scream out loud but I couldn't. A thousand feelings and emotions that I couldn't express. A thousand tears that I couldn't control.

I didn't feel the need to change my clothes. The plain white tee and blue denim shorts were more than enough. A few minutes later, I was done with the packing and I walked towards the door. Just when I was about leave, I heard Jake's voice.

"Sofia, wait!"

****

A/N
Hello people, how are y'all doing?
It's been a long time guys!
So, we're almost at the end of this story guys! The last chapter will be out really soon!

Question of the day,
Do y'all think Sofia is wrong?

Also, read, vote, share and enjoy!
Love,
Boot_Books