24. A Peak Into The Past

Life is not as terrible as we think. Sure it has it's downsides, but eventually, that's what we live for. To learn from our mistakes, to enjoy the one and only life that we have. So, live, love, laugh cause who knows what tomorrow holds for you?

"Well, here you go!" The car jerked and I heard the Driver. We got off the car and thanked the man for dropping us off and helping us.

We all took a breathe of relief and entered the hotel. The sweet fragrance of lavender was a bliss. No one said a word. We straight away went to our respective rooms. I guess the running and not having enough sleep took a toll on all of us. We were still feared. We were still scared. I opened our room's door scanning the key and walked towards the bed, dropping my trek bag on the way. I jumped on the bed and stretched myself. My eyes wandered to my left and I saw Aria and Jen doing the same. I gazed at their tired faces, turning my body to my left. I couldn't stop thinking about our situation. What did we get ourselves into? Why are these boys turning to be the reason we're getting in problems? Why do we need to do everything they say? I still remember the fight we girls had because of one stupid boy!

***

3 years ago

"Oh come Jen, tell me who is he?" I asked her for the 37th time. Yes, I'm keeping track of numbers. So, Jen has a special someone whom she can't stop thinking about and the best thing is that he has already proposed Jen, but she isn't telling us who he is. "Aria, can you at least pretend to help me?" I asked while Aria was reading some magazine. She let out a sigh and lazily walked towards us, shaking her head. Girl has some shit ass problems!

"So tell us Jen, who is it?" She asked with a straight face. As if she's gonna answer at once. I've been asking her since Morning! "Who asks such a question with a straight face like that Aria?" I said pointing at her face. She turned towards me and frowned bringing both her brows together. I just shrugged in return.

"Guys, please don't ask me. I know y'all be mad at me!" Jen finally opened her mouth.

"We won't be mad at you Jen, we promise." I said, meaning each and every word of it.

"It's..." She took a deep breath, "It's Jack. Jack Winston." It took me a little time to digest this. Jack was my ex boyfriend. We broke up six months back because it just couldn't work between us. I was quite depressed thereafter. I stopped talking to my friends and even Jen and Aria, but then I realized, why should I stop living my life? And then slowly, I got back on track. Now, I have no right to be mad at my best friend. I couldn't place my ex boyfriend before my best friend, so I just waved it off saying that it really doesn't matter if Jen wants to date him. And that, we both have moved on.

"Look, Sofia. I really won't date him if you're even slightly hurt." I saw the innocence on her face. "It's really okay Jen. I still love you!" And that's when I saw the light on her face. She was happy. I couldn't see my best friend sad. Not at least because of me. She deserved every happiness in the world. Besides, Jack is a good guy. Just not right for me. But maybe he could be right for Jen!

***

"Sofia, you ready? It's been 2 hours since you're getting ready!" Aria screamed through the locked door of my bedroom.

Well, it was the Snow Ball Dance in our school and I had to look the best. I wore a baby pink off shoulder gown which had net details and floral embroidery that enhanced my curves even more. With a subtle peachy makeup and my hair tied up in a messy bun, long diamond earrings hanging down my ears, I finally opened my bedroom door. I glanced up at Aria and we both said "Wow!" simultaneously while looking at each other. She wore a lovely mint blue gown with capped net sleeves and sweetheart neckline. She just had a touch of pink lipstick and her hair tied in a bun with a side parting. She looked gorgeous!