12. To be 'Lost In Wanderlust'

We were moving forward with our safari when we heard Jennifer screaming, "OH MY GOD!"

The jeep took a stop and we all turned our eyes towards Jen. Her eyes were fixed at a huge tree on our right. We all followed her gaze and looked towards the tree and we all shivered at the sight. It was as if we were stuck in our car on a cold winter night and a windstorm is coming our way. A huge dangerous windstorm!

A windstorm is survivable though. But this sight was something that made our hearts stop at once. I gulped and grabbed Jake's hand out of fear.

There was a huge Lion and a Lioness hunting on a bull just 20 steps away from our jeep. I was scared to death. We were just 20 steps away from death. And then at one point the Lion turned its gaze towards us and I shuddered at that moment.

Just then Nick held my left hand and motioned me to stay still and stay quiet. "Nobody move a muscle." He whispered.

But some people just don't get it right? Yes, Aria panicked and tried to get on her feet but thank goodness Caleb held her tight in his arms and she appeared to be breathing again!

After a few minutes of sitting still and not saying a word, I got bored. Yes, go ahead and think that I'm crazy but come on, who can sit still and not utter a word for such a long time?

You were quite for hardly 10 mins!

Yeah, okay but I'm not used to stay quite. You know that!

I turned my eyes towards Jake. Terror filled in his eyes, haunted by the sight of a Lion. His eyes and mouth were wide open.

I looked towards Nick and widen my eyes. He raised his eyebrows in response. I raised my hand to which he was holding on and then he understood and let loose of my hand. I slowly took out camera and clicked a picture of Jake in his terrified but extremely funny expression!

"Is this a time to click pictures of a scared person?" He whispered angrily.

"I was getting bored." I said innocently.

"Zac? Just tell me to slap her."

"The last time I saw a face like yours, I fed it a banana!" I didn't let Zac answer Jake.

"You are proof that God has a sense of humour." Jake smirked.

"You are as useless as a knitted condom!"  I'm a champion in this game. I've got the meanest replies!

"Like seriously guys? At a time when everyone else is fearing death, you guys are busy throwing lines at each other. What is wrong with y'all?" Aria was really frustrated. But what did I do?

Oh nothing. Just talking crap when your own freaking life is in danger!

Got it!

Nick told us stay quite and that the Lion will take a leave soon. And then we saw the Lion getting on it's four paws and walking deeper into the forest!

We all took a breathe of relief.

"Phew that was too close. I'm never going again for a safari Sofia. Get that in your head." Aria was still spooked up.

"Oh come on. This is the fun part alright?" She didn't give me any response.

"Fine. I'll go with Nick then. Right Nick?"