23. Always Bounce Back

Mom always used to tell me that eventually everything will be fine. It doesn't matter even if you're going deeper and deeper in your problem, you'll always bounce back. We all see those motivational quotes on Instagram nowadays and save it for the rest of our life and never really use it.

I've grown up listening to all these sayings but never implemented them in my real life. I never felt the need to. My life has always been as normal as it can possibly be. I never thought these sayings would work in real life. These quotes and ideas don't work in real life. But today, life has taught me that it's necessary to implement it in your real life. It always does help.

***
2 hours ago

Seeing those men in front of my eyes left me with my tongue tied. Fear lit in my eyes, my whole body shivering. This is the worst that could ever happen to me. I saw my friend's faces and they all looked like they've lost hope.

Seeing Jennifer and Aria like this, a rage emerged in my soul. I cannot lose my best friends at any cost. I will do anything that could help us. I don't want them to lose their amazing life. I am not giving up on this so easily. Not yet.

I looked around carefully to find a way to get ourselves out of this mess. While my eyes were searching around, I saw that there was fence in the backyard, but that fence was not so high and if we somehow manage to get the men distracted, we can climb up the fence and save ourselves. I just had one problem which was the biggest concern. One of us would have to hold on these men while the others escape. I couldn't take any risk. There was no other way. I thought this was our only chance when we are not tied up and the men were talking among themselves.

I looked at Jake, "Listen to me very carefully. They don't understand English..." And so I explained my plan to Jake.

"Are you insane? We cannot pull this off Sofia!"

"Jake please. These is the only option we have. We have to take this risk!"

"But who will stay here while others run away? At no cost I'm letting any of you girls stay here."

"I'll stay." We heard Zac.

"What? No. You are not doing this Zac. I am staying. You all go ahead." Caleb immediately interrupted.

"Shut up both of you. I am staying." Jake said asking both Zac and Caleb to run away with us.

"Jake listen up. Girls will need your help. I'll stay here. I know how to tackle them okay? So please just go along with them." Hearing this from Zac, my respect for him grew a lot more.

We all agreed with this and prepared ourselves for the run.

"I'll stay here with Zac."

"What? Jen, are you crazy? You cannot stay here please." She has gone insane. "Listen Jen, we all care about Zac and we will come back for him. Okay?"

Jen nod her head positively and I let out a deep sigh. We decided to run one by one carefully without getting noticed by the men. We all came closer and formed a group with the boys blocking the way for them to see us girls. Aria was the first one to tiptoe towards the backyard and climb over the fence.

Next it was Jen, "Zac, I'm waiting for you. Promise me you'll come back." I saw tears sliding down Jen's cheek.

"Jen, I promise I'll come back."

And then, Jennifer followed Aria and crossed the fence. It was my turn next. I felt really guilty. I felt I shouldn't have thought of this plan. I couldn't see Zac risking his life for us. I was looking at Zac with teary eyes when I heard Jake's voice, "Sofia, go. Now." And I slowly made my way towards the fence and joined Jennifer and Ariana. We moved towards the direction in which we were supposed to run.