prologue

"Did you really believe we would agree to a truce Freyja?"

A man with a fox mask laughs.

"You really are a peace-loving idiot."

The woman with the devil mask sits in her seat as she listens to the words of the people around her. The top 5 bosses had been assembled for a meeting to discuss a treaty. The five were the fox, the anonymous, the smiling, the wolf, and the devil. Of course, the one who had summoned this meeting was none other than the devil-masked woman.

The man with the anonymous mask sighs, "Really Freyja, how far have you fallen?"

The rest of the men laugh as the woman finally decides to speak. Her voice is soft and like a siren singing her tune. As beautiful as it sounded no one wanted to listen, it was as if Yomi himself was the speaker collecting souls.

She looks around the room, "Are you done?"

The smiling masked man bangs the desk, "Stop talking as if you're in control, you're completely surrounded. We're tired of you messing with our business!"

The fox masked man laughs, "This whole island is enclosed by each of our men you're not getting out this alive devil."

The wolf masked man looks at her as he shakes his head, "I told you Freyja, you were snooping around too much. No one likes change especially when it affects our money."

She looks around again but this time she laughs. Her laughter is full of ridicule yet still maintains it's elegance and beauty. As the men are ready to attack she stops as she sends her aura throughout the room. Her aura is as deadly as her, forcing everyone to stop moving, it seems as if she's a God looking down at a couple of ants.

She laments, "Did you really think I brought you guys over to discuss a treaty?"

Without anyone answering she shakes her head, "No. The only reason I brought you guys to my island was exactly this. I mean do you guys really believe I would let my business fall and let one of you imbeciles take over?"

She tilts her head, "Better yet, did you really believe I was that incapable?"

She begins laughing, "Ah you fools, you guys were so desperate to believe that I was weak you guys came running when I rang my bell. To top it all off seems like you guys even brought your men to surround my home."

She brings her arms on the table as she rests head on her fists, "Tsk, tsk seems like you were planning to threaten me with the safety of my own people."

She stretches her arms as aura becomes destructive, the men feel as if they can't breathe, "I bet after getting rid of me you were planning on killing every last one of them."

She snickers, "Ah, better yet I bet you were planning to get rid of this whole island, am I right?"

She begins to tap her fingers on the desk, "No worries, no one here is getting out alive."

The men finally begin to lose it as they're getting ready to attack.

The fox masked man laughs, "Freyja, this island will be your resting place, you bitch you shouldn't have messed with us."

She chuckles, "You guys really are idiots especially you Fox, didn't you hear me NO ONE is getting out of here alive."

The anonymous masked man pauses, "You wouldn't, you would never sacrifice your own people."

She claps her hand, "Ah apparently you're not all imbeciles, but I'm sorry no one on this island is considered one of mine own. You see, it took years to convince you guys I was bringing my so-called family to an island to free them from your guys' hands."

The smiling masked man gets up as he throws the chair, "You bitch you mean you've been planning this for years?"

She giggles, "Bingo! You're right about that, you see I knew making all these changes would piss you guys off. Eventually, you would come after me or those around me, so I kept on thinking on how to take care of the problem."

The wolf masked man stands up, "So you decided to kill all of us with you as the bait?"

She nods, "Oh, so you guys really can think and here I thought you guys had no brains."

The fox masked man laughs again as he lays on his seat, "You really are the devil, you're batshit crazy!"

The anonymous masked man looks around as he stares at her, "You do know the cycle will repeat? We weren't the first and we won't be the last."

She looks up as she stares at the ceiling, "I know, but this time my people will be the ones in the lead."

The smiling masked man paces angrily across the room, "They'll be the same you know, they'll eventually become corrupt and end up as one of us!"

The fox masked man chuckles, "He's right you know, it's the price of power."

She looks at the watch on her wrist as she knows it's almost time. She removes her mask as she smiles. Her pale skin was completely flawless as if sculpted by the Gods. Her red eyes were like burning fire, calm and emotionless. Florid cheeks and flawlessly sculpted lips would bring any men or woman crazy. Though everyone in the room knew this woman was just a devil in disguise they couldn't help but stare at her beauty.

"Then that shall also be my sin to bear. I'll let Yomi know you guys are on your way."

As she's closed her eyes the sound around her disappears as she accepts her fate

As she's closed her eyes the sound around her disappears as she accepts her fate. Instead of pain, she feels a warm light engulfing her. As she feels the strange sensation she opens her eyes. She looks around as she sees she's surrounded by clouds the place seems as if it's from fantasy. She feels a presence as she can help but to bring her hands up in an attacking stance ready to strike.

A warm voice sounds, "No need to be afraid."

She scoffs, "Afraid? Please, as if."

The voice pauses then laughs, "Okay, fair point."

"So are you going to show yourself?"

The voice laughs, "I really can't do that, you see where we exist we're both different entities."

I relax as I tilt my head, "We're both dead aren't we?"

"Something like that, but this isn't your final destination. Didn't you always feel like you never belonged in your family?"

She stays quiet as she listens to the voice.

"As if you weren't ever supposed to exist in that world? You never really looked like your mom or your dad yet you fit perfectly into their world or as we both know the mafia world."

She cuts off the rest of the explanation, "What's your point?"

"Nothing, we're just fixing a mistake, don't worry as compensation we'll let you keep your skills and knowledge."

Before she opens her mouth again, she feels an excruciating pain. She bites her lip to prevent her from screaming as her vision starts blurring the last words she hears belongs to the warm voice.

"Don't worry, we're returning you home."