We Fight In Numbers [Chapter 5]

Five:

"Well that is all I have today for the morning announcements. Oh one more thing actually. The buses are here for those who are going on the class trip to Chicago, Illinois. I hope you all packed your bags for a pandemic trip. I know I packed my guitar," Sav smiled. Even watching him on the TVs in class you could feel his energy. He made mornings in school pretty fun.

Ms. O called attention to the whole class with a smile. "Are any of you going on the trip?" she asked and I raised my hand then grabbed Clare's wrist making her raise her hand. Ms. O smiled and counted all the people who raised their hand. "You all can go to the buses. Uh, Emilia, write a few blog entries on the trip. I would love to hear about it."

"Will do," I nod and grab my bags and stood up.

Once I reached I hall I squealed. Clare sprinted to me and shushed me laughing. We basically ran down the hall to the front entrance. When we got outside we checked in with Principal Simpson and threw our bags into the bottom part of the bus.

"Students. We have assigned you all partners based on your grade. Throughout the trip you will have to do everything with them so I hope you guys can get along. The partner you are will may not be bunking with you though. So freshman go to coach Armstrong, sophomores to Mr. P juniors go to Ms. D, and seniors your with me," Principal Simpson told everyone. I frowned at Clare and hugged her before going to Ms. D.

"Hello Emilia," she smiled when she saw me and looked down at a clipboard.

"Hopefully we're partners," someone said grabbing my waist. I turned my head and saw Eli.

"That would be great," I say leaning back against him.

"Emilia your partner is Drew Torres," Ms. D said and looked away from her clipboard.

"Drew?" I say and he jogs over to us.

"Who's my partner?" he asked smiling.

I stared at him, "I am" I sighed.

I looked at me then Eli. "Oh man. I'm sorry Eli, maybe we can get this changed," Drew said. "Ms. D?" he asked and she sighed.

"I'm not allowed to change anyone because everyone will want to be changed. I'm sorry kids. Eli you're partner is Bianca," Ms. D frowned.

"You have to be kidding me." Eli rolled his eyes and I faced him.

"Eli," I mumble and he looks at me. "I know Drew won't mind so why don't the four of us just hang out the whole time. And knowing Bianca she will ditch us anyway," I tell him and Drew nods.

"She's right dude," Drew commented.

We all stared at each other and I sighed. I saw Clare and Adam sprint over to us from the corner of my eyes.

"Well I am partnered with Adam," Clare happily said.

"Really that's fantastic. I'm partnered with Adam's brother," I say not seeming to happy but it wasn't because of being partnered with Drew but the fact Bianca was paired with Eli.

"It gets worse, believe it or not. Don't get me wrong I love little Emilia here. She's a cool person," Drew said and smiled at me quickly. "But our friend Eli here is partnered with Bianca," when he said this Clare felt my pain.

"I'm so sorry," she muttered and she stood up straight biting her lip. I stared at her then quickly grabbed onto Eli's arm. I tried to Clare a mental note and I knew she got it when she nodded.

"Looks like I'm stuck with you Eli, is you lesbian girlfriend going to be okay with that?" hearing Bianca's voice made me want to turn around and drop her.

"One I am not a lesbian, and two I know that I have nothing to worry about," I say keeping my eyes on Clare.

"We'll see about that," Bianca whispered in my ear.

"Bianca, back off. Alright?" Drew warned and I looked at him.

"What's your problem?" Bianca asked. You could tell she was a bitch by the way she spoke.

"You being so rude to the people I care about. First my brother and now Emilia. Seriously just leave her alone," Drew said and I looked at him shocked for saying that.

"So what are you the one she's cheating on Eli with?" Bianca spat.

"No, I'm the one she's friends with because clearly she needs someone to protect her from people who want to hurt her," Drew snapped quickly.

Mr. Simpson came over to us and smiled then walked to Ms. D whispering something to her. She nodded and he came back over to us. "Bianca come with me," he said and she rolled her eyes but followed.

"Mr. Goldsworthy," Ms. D said and she smiled. "You are going to be partnering with Miss Blackburn and Mr. Torres," she says and I look at Eli and smile. "Go get on the bus now."

"That's perfect," I smile and kiss Eli's cheek.