Why was 6 afraid of 7?

Chapter XVIII-
Why was 6 afraid of 7?

Katsuki's eyes moved from the picture of a teenage Asher holding, a white-haired girl with two black stubs atop her head, on her shoulders to Xion and Aasha's older sister as they walked down the stairs. His brow arched when Xion growled at him before poking a finger at the center of his chest.

Nine watching the she-wolf with her head tilted slightly in confusion.

"Why are you in my home again?!" Xion growled up at the Iwasaki, making him chuckle lowly before moving to place his good hand atop of the Omega's head. His gaze moved from Xion to Nine when he felt the Angel's hand wrapped tightly around his wrist, nearly to the point of being painful.

"You're strong." Katsuki told the Angel.

"You don't touch Xion." Nine told the male wolf as she released his wrist before eyes turned to the door that lead into the kitchen. Her mate looked up to her as Katsuki stepped back from the two mates, Xion moving one of her hands into Nine's.

"Nine? You good?"

"Aasha's waiting for you, Ishranth. She's been wondering how you're alive." Katsuki spoke, the Angel leaving the two wolf in a soft flash of light, Xion looking at where her mate once was.

"Why'd you call her Ishranth? What're you up too?" Xion demanded as her hands curled into fists. Nine was finally starting to open up with her, if only slightly, and within 11 simple words the Angel closed herself off again and disappeared.

"I'm up to nothing, Xi-" Katsuki's words died on his tongue when Xion glared up at him with furious dark-orange eyes, her aura radiating anger.

"It's Alpha Hale to you. And don't fucking lie to me. I already have a complicated enough mate, and I don't need you, Aasha, or any fucking body else to make her even more complicated!!" The older wolf nearly fell to his knees at the young Omega's snarl, his awe at the power behind her words stopping him to kneeling.

"I've never sensed this power from you. I thought you were just a simple Omega." Katsuki whispered, earning a tired growl from Xion.

"I'm no simple Omega. I'm a Hale, and future Alpha. Don't you ever think otherwise."

"Now I'm going to find my mate, tell Aasha she's gonna be waiting a bit longer."

<><><><><>

Riley watched as Asher shifted to lay on her back, the Eragon's head resting against her left arm.

"Why're you staring at me?" Asher whispered, her eyes still closed.

"Because I can." Riley whispered back, moving to place an arm over Asher's abdomen. Asher hummed before tightening her left arm around her mate's neck, moving to kiss the space between the Eragon's horns.

"This Alpha power that you have.." Riley started.

"Why didn't you tell us about it?"

"Because I didn't know I inherited it. Usually to obtain it, I would've had to participate in a ritual where I would've had to drink my father's blood. And even if my family had survived, my oldest brother would've been the one to inherit that power." Asher answered as she stared up at the ceiling of their room, Riley looking out the window as she listened.

"What...what did happen to your family?"

"They were slaughtered along with the Pack I used to be in."

"How?" Asher breathed deeply, her chest rising before falling back down.

"I never saw how my parents were killed, but my brothers, Levy and Kaze, their throats were slit. And Katsuki, he died making sure I got away." Riley tightened her arm around the Alpha's abdomen, when she heard her voice crack at each of her brother's names.

"What were they like? Your brothers?"

Asher smiled softly as she closed her eyes.

"They were good brothers. Never made me see when my parents got in arguments, always played hide-n-seek with me. They always snuck me ice-cream, even when my mother told us no dessert."

<><><><><>

"I'm having a strange case of deja vu, right now." Xion joked as she sat next to her mate on the roof of the mansion.

"I can't face her, Xion."

"Why?"

"I feel that if I see her, all the bad memories, All the shitty moments that I've tried so hard to repress, will just come hit me at full force." Nine answered as she curled her wing around Xion. The she-wolf running her fingers through the soft feathers.

"Ah." Xion released, as the two sat beside one another, the Angel watching the leaves of the trees rustle due to the wind. 

"Wanna hear a funny joke?" Xion asked, tired of the somber tone that's been with them for the past 2 days.

"Sure."

"Okay." Xion smiled before turning to face her mate, emerald-green meeting with sterling silver.

"Why was 6 afraid of 7?" Nine furrowed her brow at the question. She thought she was going to be told a joke.

"Why?"

"Cause 7 ate 9!" Xion answered, her smile widening when Nine merely looked at her.

"I don't get it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment

- Lycan