Riley learns of her Royal Blood

Chapter XIII-
Riley learns of her Royal Blood

Asher leaned more into the plush sofa as the Eragon King entered the lounge room and took a seat in front of Riley.

"So Hatshepsut-"

"My name's Riley." The young Eragon interrupted, she was started to get annoyed that they weren't using her real name.

The King cleared his throat at the interruption, his eyes watching as Riley's brunette foster-mother ruffled the hair between Riley's horns.

"Okay than, Riley. I believe you have questions."

"Sure do. Okay, first one. What's up between you and me?" The King's lips quirked up a little bit.

"You're the Hidden Princess. And my Granddaughter." The King placed his head against his fist as Riley looked at him wide-eyed.

"Woah, Woah, Woah. Hold up. I'm royalty?" Riley looked up to her moms' to see them both looking at her grandfather.

"Grandfather?" The King clenched his jaw as he watched his granddaughter, reference the male Lycan.

"It's true, Riles. Your father wanted me to keep it from you, he probably didn't expect The King to come and find you." Baelfire answered.

Riley turned back to The King, pushing Baelfire's words to the back of her mine, the next question on the tip of her tongue.

"Why did you find me?"

"For you to take my place on the throne. When Goliad, your father, ran away I believed it was the end of the ScaleHorn bloodline. But luckily Emery never gave up searching for Goliad and Alis, and when he returned, he brought news of you." The younger Eragon looked at the tall King and then to Emery who stood ram-rod straight, his hand never leaving his sword's handle.

"You want me to take the throne? You don't even know me." Riley spoke, her blood-red orbs watching as The King glared at Asher, when her mate wrapped her arm around her waist and brought Riley closer.

"I grow old, Hatshe- Riley. Our bloodline is the strongest of all Eragons and it would be wrong for one weaker than us to take the throne." Asher cut off the snarl when The King looked at her and the other wolves with slight disgust.

"You're kind of a dick." Riley growled, placing her hand lovingly on Asher's thigh as The King looked at her in bewilderment.

"Pardon?"

"You look down on others that are weaker than you. And you think your 'bloodline' is gonna be tainted, because Asher's a wolf."

'I love our kids.' Alex praised through her and Skylar's link. The two parents watching as The King cleared his throat.

"I will not lie to you. I do believe our bloodline will be tainted if you two ever have a hatchling, but it will not weaken the bloodline due to Asher's Alpha blood." Asher froze as her Alpha, Luna, Mate, and Baelfire looked to her.

"You're an Alpha, Ash?" Alex questioned, watching as Asher didn't move, the newly announced Alpha glaring at the King and Emery.

"What. Did. You. Find. Out." Asher growled as she moved from her seat and stalked towards the King. Her eyes turning teal when Emery stood protectively in front of the damn King.

She didn't want to talk about that time. She didn't want to think about her dead family.

<><><><><>

Xion panted as she sniffed out Nine, her paws kicking up dirt when she finally arrived at the restaurant she told Juneau to go to. Her dark-orange eyes took in the white feather that fell from the roof of the building next to the restaurant, before she tensed her hind legs and leaped, landing behind her mate.

Nine ignored Xion, her heart beating rapidly as she searched the restaurant. The Angel shrugged the young Alpha's hand off her shoulder as she continued to look, her breath stilling when she finally found who she was looking for.

"Aasha.." Nine's voice broke softly, her wing drooping as she collapsed to her knees.

"Nine? What's wrong? Who's Aasha?" Xion questioned worriedly her wolf beginning to whimper when Nine stayed in her position, the wind moving only the Angel's silver hair.

"She's supposed to be dead.. She can't be alive.. She can't.." Nine whimpered, not feeling Xion come under her wing and cuddled into the still Angel's side.

"Please Nine, you're freaking me out." The Angel blinked and looked down at her mate before quickly hugging Xion, wrapping her wing tightly around the she-wolf.

The Angel's tears wetting the Young Alpha's naked shoulder.

"Nine..."

<><><><><><><><><><><>

I took forever huh?

Anywho,
Vote, Comment

-Lycan