Riley's origins

Chapter VI-
Riley's Origins

"You should be more careful, Quinnzel." Baelfire growled as he began to reattach a large portion of synthetic skin to the blonde Andriod's bare hand.

"I didn't expect it to explode." The Lycan punched his creation lightly on her shoulder, in response to the sarcasm.

"Q!" The two blondes looked to the double doors to see Gwyneth slam them open, not stopping her sprint until she crashed into her wife's front.

Bael watched as Gwyneth looked over her wife, before tucking her head into her Andriod's neck.

"What's with all the racket?! People are trying to sleep here!" Gray met Gray when, Baelfire saw his older brother walk in with a sleepy frown.

"Balthazar."

"Little brother. Mind telling me what exploded so loudly, that you disturbed my beauty sleep?"

"You should stop with those, they aren't helping at all." A snicker left the younger brother at the comment that left Gwyneth's lips.

"Quinnzel decided that she wanted to make a new explosive, at three in the morning." Baelfire explained as he walked towards the door, exhaustion coming back to him as he walked the dim hallways of his mansion.

"Hey, Boss man! Come over here a sec!" The blonde looked behind him to see the lightning elemental quickly motioning his hand in a 'come here' motion.

"Can it wait 'til tomorrow, Tristan?"

"My most humblest apologies, Mr. Hall but I am in desperate need of your help." Baelfire looked behind his friend to see a man about Six' five, wearing a dirtied white suit. The large curved horns on his head gaining the Lycan's attention.

"With what exactly?"

"My other. She is with hatchling, and will be needing medical assistance soon."

"Your other? You mean mate?" Tristan questioned, the Lycan vocabulary stuck in his head.

"Tristan there's no time for that. Where is she?" Baelfire quickly followed when the horned man broke out in a sprint.

Evertone's Cave

"Alis, are you alright?" Baelfire watched as the horned man spoke in the darkness of Evertone's Cave.

"Goliad..the hatchling..she's coming" the man, Goliad, gulped before rushing into the darkness. A blue flame suddenly illuminating the Cave.

The Lycan looked at the two, a small grin on his face as he watched the two comfort one another.

"Alis, right? How far along are your contractions?" Baelfire questioned as he knelt in front of the white-haired woman. The flame made her gold orbs shine brighter as Alis glared at the Lycan.

"They're not."

"Fuck, we're not gonna be able to get you to the mansion. Okay, Goliad give me your blazer and shirt." Baelfire quickly settled the blazer over Alis's bent legs, the silk shirt was placed over his shoulder. Goliad let out a low rumble when he saw Baelfire's hands land on his other's covered knees.

"Now's not the time, Goliad. I am the closest doctor in a hundred miles, so suck it up." Bael growled as Alis allowed the Lycan to spread her legs, a pained groan escaping the female as she crushed her other's hand.

"Gonna need you to-"

Alis interrupted the blonde Lycan with a scream as she pushed with the little bit of energy she had left.

"One more time." Baelfire quickly wrapped the hatchling in Goliad's shirt, her sharp wails drowning out her parents' happy chuckles.

"It's a girl." The Lycan declared as he gave the crying baby to her Sire, and patted Alis's knee gaining the tired female Eragon's attention.

"I'm going to pick you up and we'll be heading back to my mansion okay?" Alis nodded her head, let out a soft yelp of pain when Baelfire adjusted her in his arms.

"Let's get your mate and pup somewhere warm." Goliad grinned at the kind Lycan as he followed.

<><><><><><>

"So you just followed a stranger into a cave, not even thinking it might have been a trap?" Skylar asked her father-in-law as Balthazar chortled next to his little brother.

"Even if it had been a trap, I would've left without a scratch."

"Enough. What happened to Riley's birth parents?" Alex demanded, as she moved away from the wall she had leaned against.

"Two weeks after Riley's birth, a band of Hunters and a few Eragons ambushed us at night. Riley's mother, Alis, was killed and I made Goliad go into hiding."

"Why would Eragons want to hurt their own kind?" Alex wondered as Baelfire's eyes grew solemn.

"Goliad is the Prince of Eragons, His former friend wishes to kill him and Riley."

"Like hell, he will." The female Lycan snarled, as Skylar laid a calming hand on her mate's lower back. The Alpha had to withhold her own growl, at the thought of her oldest pup getting hurt.

"Did Goliad tell you why?" Skylar asked.

"No. He just asked that I watch over his pup."

"Sire, mom! I made up my mind!" Riley spoke as she bursted into her sire's study, a wide smile on her face.

"And that is, Riles?"

"I'm going to meet the rest of my kind."

<><><><><><>

Vote, Comment

-Lycan