Coconuts and Mangoes, the perfect Combo

Chapter XVII-
Coconuts and Mangoes, the perfect Combo

Alex growled lowly as she threw another book behind her shoulder, Skylar watching her mate rapidly flipping through another book's pages. The female Lycan had been doing this since Asher asked to be alone.

"What are you looking for?"

"An explanation as to why Asher's Alpha is so strong. I mean she forced my father to his knees." Alex answered her mate's question as she threw another book behind her shoulder and grabbed another, stilling when she got to the center of the book and released a sound of joy.

"I did it! God, I'm amazing." Alex praised herself as she moved to sit in Skylar's lap and began reading.

"The Alpha of Alphas? I thought that title and power died with the Yami Pack." Alex questioned, turning to look at her blonde Alpha.

"The title was given to my family since we were second to the Yami Pack in strength, but the power did die with them. Is this saying that Asher's actually an Iwasaki?" Skylar answered while Alex turned the page to reveal the Iwasaki family tree. The two mates' eyes going to the bottom of the page to see drawings of 3 boys that resembled Asher, and one that had no picture but only Asher's name. The drawings stopping at them. 

"Seems like it."

"But that's Impossible! They were wiped out, my father and the other Alphas checked to make sure that there wasn't any survivors."

"How else would Asher be able to make you and Baelfire submit?" Skylar tsked while wrapping an arm around Alex's waist.

"To think, I had an Iwasaki in my pack for over 30 years."

"Please, I'm best-friends with her."

"Our daughter's mated to her." Skylar countered, while Alex leaned against her front.

"Darn. Riley wins."

"Although, Asher should've known about her power."

"Not if her pack was killed before her parents could explain it to her, Sky. Also from the looks of this tree, Asher was the youngest, so she wouldn't have even gotten that power." Alex countered while pointing at Katsuki's picture.

"It would've gone to her oldest brother."

"He was killed with the rest of my family." Asher's voice was heard, making Alex jump before she and Skylar looked up to see her in the doorway, Riley sleeping against her back.

"Skylar, this power. What does it make me?" The tall she-wolf asked her Alpha, adjusting her mate against her back when Riley's arms around her neck slackened with sleep.

"The most powerful Alpha in the world. And that little display in the throne room, proves that your power rivals that of Baelfire." Skylar answered.

"So, does this make Asher a kind of Lycan?" Alex wondered aloud as she scratched her cheek.

"No, Asher's not a Lycan. There can only be 3 at a time. However, due to your strength, you are a potential candidate to take over if one of us is killed before you die." Baelfire spoke, when he suddenly appeared next to the she-wolf in question.

"Where are you guys coming from?!"

<><><><><>

Xion blinked when Nine's eyes opened.

"I thought you said Angels don't need sleep."

"We don't. What else was I supposed to do with you asleep?" Nine spoke as she sat up, her legs criss-cross, on the younger's bed, her eyes looking at Xion's hands when she knelt behind her and wrapped her arms around the Angel's neck.

"I thought you like the silence?"

"I liked being alone. I'm used to it. But I hate silence, it eats at your mind." Nine told, blinking as Xion nuzzled her hair.

"Why do you smell like coconuts?" Xion asked as she continued nuzzling the silver hair, grinning softly when Nine began playing with her fingers.

"I don't know." The angel answered before turning slightly, grabbing the Omega's waist and moving to sit her in her lap, the two of them face to face.

"Why do you smell like mangoes?"

"'Cause I'm delicious." Xion joked, watching as Nine hummed softly.

"You are?"

"I hope so."

"So do I." Nine supported before connecting her lips with Xion's, finally kissing her since they were annouced mates. Xion released a gasp of suprise, and Nine took advantage deepening the kiss as Xion wrapped her arms around her neck.

"Hm. You were right. You are delicious." Nine smirked softly after breaking the kiss and Xion hid her face in the Angel's neck.

"Shut up..."

Nine chuckled before pulling the Omega's face from her neck and connecting their lips once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment

-Lycan