Balthazar and Nine bond

Chapter VIII-
Balthazar and Nine bond

"You sure about leaving Xion in charge? Isn't Camilo or Deven, the better choice?" Riley questioned her Sire, as she sat next to Asher in the bed of the truck.

"It's time Xion learns to lead her future pack. And I told Balthazar to keep an eye on her." Skylar answered as she ruffled the hair between the Eragon's growing horns.

"Xion will do fine, Riley. You needn't worry." Asher backed up her Alpha as she wrapped her arm around Riley's waist.

"Alright. Let's get going then."

<><><><><><><><>

Xion groaned softly as she hid in her Sire's study. The young wolf paced back ' n ' forth, not noticing Nine and Balthazar slipping from the window.

"I heard about the arrangement with your parents. Congrats, Runt." Balthazar grinned as he wrapped an arm around Xion's neck.

"I don't know what to do!!" Xion whined as she moved away from Balthazar and snuggled into Nine.

"Just do whatever your Sire does." Nine commented as she wrapped her arm around the younger's waist, feeling the tension release from Xion's back.

"Okay." Xion took a deep breath, taking in Nine's orange blossom scent, before grabbing the angel's calloused hand.

"Come with?"

"Of course." Nine allowed herself to be pulled as Xion walked out of the study and towards the back door.

"Young Love." Balthazar mockingly sighed as he followed behind his grand-niece and her mate.

<><><><><><><><>

"Hey."

"Hey." Camilo smiled up at his mate, before turning his attention back to Xion. His eyes caught the sight of Nine sitting on the roof, the Angel's spiked hair swaying with the wind.

"Alright! Nothing's gonna be changing, Guys. We'll be sticking with our usual schedule, so with that said, thirteen miles in the woods!" Xion told the pack. The young Alpha quickly shifted into her black-furred wolf, before taking the lead through the woods.

"She takes more after Alex then Skylar." Balthazar chuckled at the Angel's comment as he looked up at Nine.

"Only thing she got from Blondie is her eyes."

"Why is Xion so worried about being Alpha, Balthazar?" Nine asked as she watched the Lycan climb up the side of the mansion, and seated himself next to her.

"The Hale family, is well-known for having strong Alphas. And some wolves believe, that since Alex was an 'Omega', the Hale bloodline has weakened." Balthazar explained, nodding his head in approval when Nine scoffed.

"That's stupid."

"You speak your mind, huh?" The Lycan chuckled.

"Life is too short to be holding your tongue." The angel replied as she took in the sight of Xion's wolf trotting back towards the backyard.

'She is faster than the others. Maybe she inherited Alex's blood as well.' Nine thought to herself as her mate shifted, the Angel quickly averting her eyes when she saw that Xion was naked.

The entirety of Nine's ears turned a deep scarlet. The Angel quickly jumped off the roof and wrapped her jacket around Xion's shoulders. The wolf looked up at her mate and gave a shy smile, as she zipped up the white jacket.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"Damn Nine, You're already letting Xion keep your jacket. Y'all move fast!" Xion laughed at her uncle's comment, while Nine just looked at the two in confusion.

<><><><><><><><>

"Mentor."

"What is it, Gryn?"

"It seems that Hatshepsut and her mate, are on their way to see the Eragons." The young man told his mentor, as his eyes stayed trained on the knife in the older's hands.

"The young princess is mated? How?"

"Her mate is a werewolf, mentor."

"An Alpha?"

"No, but the werewolf is second in command to the Pack, Hatshepsut was adopted into."

"Hm. As long as the wolf is not an Alpha, it will not become a problem. Anyone else that will be coming with the princess?"

"I believe no one else will be with her." Gryn replied.

"Good. Now go fetch my sword, it is time for your training." Gryn smiled slightly before bowing to his mentor.

"At once, Mentor."

<><><><><><><><>

Vote,Comment

-Lycan