Xion and Nine help out Juneau

Chapter XII-
Xion and Nine help out Juneau

"Xion."

"Hmm?" Xion hummed as she looked up at Nine, her eyes catching a jagged looking scar on the angel's neck.

"Who is Juneau to you?"

"She helped me out when I used to go to school." Xion answered, putting the scar to the back of her mind.

"Helped you out how? And used to go to school?" Nine questioned as Xion left her embrace and sat on top of the kitchen's counter.

"I used to get teased because I was fifteen and a senior. Juneau beat up a couple of the bullies, when they threw me in a dumpster and sealed it shut." Nine looked at her mate in shock.

"Because you were fifteen and a senior?" The Angel exclaimed as she got closer to her mate and rested her hands on top of the wolf's thighs.

"Yup. Juneau heard me trying to get out, and so after that she found the guys and beat them to a pulp." Xion answered as she wrapped her arms loosely around Nine's neck.

Nine continued looking at her mate in confusion.

"How are you so calm about that? You were thrown and locked into a dumpster! Do Alex and your Sire know of this?!"

"Nine, It happened two years ago. I've already graduated and I'm over it." Xion hooked her legs over the angel's waist, nuzzling their noses together.

"Hmm. Remind me to thank Juneau." Nine told as she wrapped her arms around Xion's midsection, pulling them flush against one another.

"Got it."

<><><><><>

"You lied to me, Gryn."

"Mentor?" Gryn looked up at his mentor's face, quivering at the rage stirring behind his eyes.

"You said Hatsheput's mate wasn't an Alpha and yet, her Alpha blood is stronger than the Hale's. You also said it was only her mate coming with her! Do you know how many holes have been poked into my plan now?!" Gryn bowed lower as his Mentor's voice grew higher.

"I'm sorry,Mentor! Please forgive me." The younger of the two begged, letting out a whimper of pain when his Mentor shoved him to the ground with his foot.

"I do not like incompetence, Gryn. But you are my favorite, and so I'm giving you one last chance. And if you fuck this one up as well....." The mentor let the threat hang in the air, narrowing  his eyes at the shivering boy beneath his boot.

'Disgraceful.'

<><><><><>

Juneau checked her watch as she paced back'n'forth in the garden. Looking up when she heard a whistle,  to see Xion heading towards her with Nine in tow.

"Hey, Jun. Ready to go get your lady vamp?"

"You never told me where you planned for me to take her." Juneau exclaimed, gulping when Nine stopped her mid-pace.

"Relax. You're making me nauseous." Nine spoke as she positioned the older wolf to look at Xion.

"Okay, It's your typical date. But with a twist! You know, cause we're supernatural." Juneau grinned at her friend's silliness, before her eyes took in the card Xion handed her.

"Woah, Xion this is your Sire's black card! I can't take this.." Xion smacked Juneau's shoulder.

"You can and you are. Gotta treat your mate like a queen, and to do that you need money." Xion smiled up at her friend as Nine moved next to her, The younger she-wolf latched herself onto her Angel's arm.

"Xion..Thank you. But what about your Sire?"

"No need to worry about that. We're disgustingly rich." Xion answered as she watched Juneau pocket the card and tighten the tie she had on. The future Alpha could smell the nervousness radiating off her fellow wolf.

"Juneau."

"Yeah?"

"Take a breathe. Stop worrying, you're gonna do just fine." Juneau let out a shaky breath before rolling her shoulders.

"Okay, it's time for me to go get her. Wish me luck." Juneau joked before she headed out, chuckling when Xion released a howl of victory.

"Xion?" Xion looked up at her mate after cutting off her howl, smiling at the silver-eyed angel.

"What is Juneau's mate's name?" Nine asked, swiping Xion's bangs out of the way.

"I think she said her name was,  Aasha."

Nine froze.

<><><><><><><>

Vote, Comment

-Lycan