Riley's choice and Skylar's Decision

Chapter VII-
Riley's choice and Skylar's decision

'Shit.' Camlock groaned as she and Alex watched as Riley's broad grin slowly faltered.

"What's wrong, guys?" Riley questioned as she noticed the looks of worry that passed over her family's faces.

Skylar was the first to fake a happy smile, and wrapped her arms around Riley's waist, pulling her eldest into a soft embrace.

"Nothing's wrong Riley."

"You sure? You guys look like someone died." Alex quickly thought of Riley's birth-mother, before shaking her head and sent a small grin to her pup.

"So Riles, when do you want to head out?"

<><><><><><>

Asher let out a low grunt at the unexpected weight on her back, her arm nearly giving out.

"Did you know about this?" Asher adjusted her legs as she went back to her workout, Skylar's weight barely making a difference.

"Gotta be more specific, Alpha."

"Riley wanting to see the rest of her kind." Skylar placed her other foot atop of Asher's back, her second in command continuing to do her one-armed push ups.

"Yeah, but I'm sensing that you don't want her to."

"I don't."

"Why?"

"Someone from her kind is trying to kill her." Asher stilled. The Alpha quickly stepped off her friend, when the stench of pure anger entered her nose.

"What did you just say?" Asher growled as she stood and stared down her Alpha, her restraint on Kitsuni was slipping fast.

"Riley's birth parents. They were quite well known. Supposedly her father's old friend wishes to kill the both of them." Asher let out a soft sigh, her breath showing in the cold air.

"What do we do Skylar? We can't just tell her she can't go see the rest of her kind." Skylar gave a soft smirk towards the taller werewolf.

"That's why we're all going with her."

<><><><><>

A soft purr woke Nine from her sleep, as her sleep-hazed eyes took in the small pink-haired werewolf that was nestled against the Angel's side. Nine continued to gaze at Xion's sleeping form, the younger's chest rumbling with soft purrs.

The sound of shoe against marble made the silver-haired angel look behind her to see Alex resting her arms against the back of the large couch, a small grin on the Lycan's face.

"Morning, Xemnas."

"I still have no idea who that is." Nine groaned, unconsciously tightening her grip on Xion.

"Really? Thought Xion would've told you about Kingdom Hearts already."

"Nope, just finished Dragon Ball."

"Yeah? Who's your favorite?"

"Kid Gohan." Alex let out a soft chuckle as her eyes took in her youngest pup stirr awake.

"Hi, mom. Hey, Ni..." Xion's greeting was cut short as she yawned, her tongue sticking out slightly.

"When did you two fall asleep?" The Lycan questioned as she watched Xion sit up and shake out her bed hair.

"Around Seven, I think." Xion chuckled as she smiled at her mother.

"Seriously?! It's 8:30!" Nine watched as Alex bickered with her youngest pup about going to bed early.

The Angel quickly shook off the memories that threatened to take over her.

"Okay, Mom! I won't pull an all-nighter again." Xion growled as Alex ran a hand through the younger's pink hair.

"Good. Now get up, your Sire and I need to talk to you. In private, sorry Nine." Nine nodded as she quickly moved over Xion and off the couch.

"I understand. I'll be on the roof, if you need me."

"I'll see you later?" Xion asked softly, a smile gracing her face when Nine looked at her and chuckled.

"Of course."

<><><><><>

"Okay, so what did you guys want to talk to me about?" Xion questioned as she quickly hugged her Sire and sat down.

"You're going to be in charge of the pack for a few months." Skylar answered as she gazed into her pup's shock-filled eyes.

"Wait What?! I can't watch over the pack!" Xion exclaimed.

"You can and you must. Xion, we've trained you for this since you shifted."

"Yeah, But-"

"You'll do fine, Xi." Alex interrupted as she wrapped her arms around the younger and purred softly.

"Will they even listen to me?" Skylar smiled softly as she joined her mate and pup in the hug.

"Of course they will, pup. After all, you are a Hale." Alex chuckled as Skylar snorted at the statement.

<><><><><><><><><>

Vote, Comment

-Lycan