Asher

Chapter IX-
Asher

Crunch!

Asher wrinkled her nose in frustration as a small twig cracked under her bare foot.

"Asher." The six-year old huffed as she kicked dirt into the air, her father's large shadow covering her from the sun.

"Yeah Dad?" Roan smiled as he squatted and turned his youngest pup to look at him. His large hand ruffled Asher's moppy hair.

"It's alright, my pup. You just have to keep practicing, now come. Your mother must be getting worried." Roan picked up the small pup, placing her on his shoulders as he began to walk back to the Mansion.

Asher smiled when she saw her older brothers wrestling, with her mom watching from the balcony.

"Okasan! Burazāzu!" Roan placed Asher back on the ground, scaling the side of the mansion, as his youngest pup scampered to her big brothers.

"How are you, my love?" Roan asked as he sat on the railing of the balcony, watching worry flash over Nozomu's features.

"Your betas have been spotting humans near our territory." The Alpha stroked his mate's cheek in comfort.

"Nozo, you needn't worry. The spotted humans were probably los-"

"One of them bore the mark of the Serpent." Roan's eyes immediately moved over to his pups. His eldest, Katsuki, was on the ground as Asher climbed onto his stomach and let out a 'howl' of victory. It sounded more like a weak mewl.

"Damn."

"Roan, what are we going-"

"Nozo, lower your voice! We can't have the pups worrying. Come." Roan placed his hand onto the small of Nozomu's back and led them into the mansion.

<><><><>

"Katsuki? What were mom and dad talking about?" Asher asked as she slid onto her eldest brother's lap when he lifted his upper body from the ground.

"It's nothing for you to worry about, Ash." Katsuki answered as he sent a look to his litter mates, warning them to not talk about what they heard from their parents.

"Yeah, Runt. You need to be worrying about how to take me down!" Levy spoke as he picked up his little sister and began ruffling her hair.

"Levy!!" Katsuki watched as Asher wiggled out of Levy's hold, only to get caught by Kaze. The eldest of the Stone siblings lifted himself up and began to walk towards his father's study.

'Levy, Kaze. Keep Asher occupied.'

'Sure thing.'

<><><><>

"Mom, Dad." Roan looked up from the territory map and into the navy-blue orbs of his eldest son.

"Katsuki, You should be with your brothers and sister." Nozomu's dark eyes turning a soft teal.

"I am to be future Alpha. I should know if we are to be attacked by the Serpents." Katsuki responded, smirking inwardly when his father sighed in agreement.

"My betas have been spotting the hunters more often in the south, so I've warned the pack to stay on alert." Roan explained to his son.

"Father? How deadly are these Serpent hunters?" Katsuki asked, taking notice at how his mother sniffled softly.