Emery and the Eragon King

Chapter X-
Emery and The Eragon King

Blood red eyes shined with glee as the news reached the King's ears.

"You're positive, Emery? My granddaughter is coming?"

"Yes, my lord. She and her mate are already halfway here." Emery replied as he knelt before his King. The King tilted his head in confusion.

"Hatshepsut is mated?"

"To a wolf."

"Huh." The King clicked his tongue as he scratched his beard.

"Is the wolf of Alpha blood?"

"I am not sure of that, my King."

"Do find out. I don't wish to be in bad graces with an Alpha." The King demanded as his loyal guard nodded his head.

<><><><><><>

Asher stretched out her legs as Riley lifted herself up from the wolf's side and tiredly scratched her horns.

"Are we there, Grandfather?" Baelfire smiled softly at his oldest granddaughter as he stepped out of the cockpit.

"Yup."

"Good. 18 hours in a plane gets a little claustrophobic." Alex groaned as she cracked her back, with Skylar wincing at the sound.

"That can't be good for you, Lex." Skylar commented to Alex, as Baelfire opened the plane's door and stepped out, enjoying the breeze.

"It feels good though."

Asher smirked at her Alpha and Luna's banter, as Riley met up with her grandfather.

"Where do we head from here?" Baelfire pointed at the mountains that blocked the sun.

"Between those two mountains. The Kingdom's capital should be there." Baelfire answered, his eyes taking in his granddaughter who smiled at the mountains.

"You're really excited aren't you?"

"Of course I am! I'm meeting others of my kind, when everyone told me I was the only Eragon left!" Riley exclaimed as Baelfire's gaze grew sorrowful.

"Then we should start heading out." Asher spoke as she tapped her mate, making Riley rush down the plane's steps.

Alex watched as Asher shifted, letting Riley sit atop of her back until a shadow from the corner of her eye made her look closely at the mountain.

Her eyes took in the sight of a figure wearing all grey watching her oldest pup stroke Asher's fur. The cloaked being had chain-coated horns protruding from their head.

'Doesn't that bring back memories?' Camlock sighed mockingly as Alex joined her family, her eyes never leaving the hooded Eragon.

'Don't remind me.'

<><><><><><><>

Asher huffed, her breath showing in the cold air, as Riley lifted herself into a sitting position to look around at the hidden capital.

"My god. It's stunning..." The Eragon whispered as Asher trotted through the ivory-coated streets, her ears flicking at the whispers the capital's natives were saying.

'Is that the Princess? '

'She looks like the lost prince!'

'Why is she with mutts?'

Asher snarled lowly at the last whisper, her growls quieting when Riley scratched her scruff.

'Alex.'

'Yeah Ash?'

'What's all this talk of Riley being a princess?'

'Heh. You'll see when we reach the capital.' Alex cut off the link when a little Eragon child tried to touch her. The Luna stopped walking and sat, letting the little boy stroke her fur.

"Ganna!" Alex's ears perked as she watched the little boy turn to the sound of his mother. She pushed Ganna lightly with her snout to his mother, tapping her tail on the ground when he waved at her.

Alex trotted back to her family, her mate moving closer to her.

"I can't believe this place!" Riley exclaimed. Asher pushed her back up a bit, making Riley look down at her.

"Why?" Asher nodded.

"Cause just look at this place, can you believe that no one's found out about it?! Cause I can't! " Riley laughed as Asher snorted.

"We're here." Baelfire spoke as he stood in front of the ivory stairs that led to a large palace in the center of the capital.

"Come on!" Riley squealed as she moved off of her mate and rushed up the stairs, drawing a laugh from Baelfire.

<><><><><><><><>

"Asher, Hurry up!" The King lifted his head from his fist at the excited voice coming from the other side of the door. Emery's chains clinked against one another as he gripped the handle of his sword tightly.

"I need to get dressed Riley."

"Get dressed faster!" Riley growled as she pushed one of the giant mahogany double doors open. Her eyes locking with the King of Eragons'.

"Hatshepsut..." The King spoke softly as he rose from his throne and walked towards his grandchild.

"Who? My name's Riley." Riley questioned as she looked around before pointing at herself.

"Your wolf name is Riley, but your true name is Hatshepsut. "The King declared as he smiled down at his only remaining kin. He was a good two feet taller than Riley.

"Wolf name? That is a quite weird way to say you don't like her name." Baelfire joked as he greeted the King with a tilt of his head.

The King bowed deeply at Baelfire before lifting himself up to see three she-wolves entering the throne room.

"Damn you're fucking tall." Alex whistled as the King looked behind him at the male Eragon by his throne.

"You said only her mate will be coming with her, Emery."

"I thought so as well my King. Forgive me, I should've investigated it myself." Emery apologized as he kelt on the ebony floor.

"It's fine. But I bet our guests are tired from their trip, escort them to their quarters." The King demanded as he turned to Riley.

"I believe you are quite excited to speak of all this, but it's best to have a clear mind. I will explain everything to you tomorrow, Hatshepsut." He explained with a little smile at his granddaughter.

Riley huffed softly but nodded reluctantly.

"Okay...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment

- Lycan