Of Red and Yellow

(Posted 25.9.14, edited 22.4.16)

Warning: This chapter contains a rather... 'controversial' topic [aka BVB/FCB transfer issues], strong language, and violence. But please, have no fear. Because fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. And hate leads to suffering. Of the dark side, it is. And I'm writing this for fun, so take that what you will :D this dark-sidey stuff won't last long, anyway.

Disclaimer: I do not own Bundesliga, its clubs, or anything else except for my characters and the plot.

P.S.: Oh! And this chapter is a gift for Bundesliga (particularly BVB) fans out there - I know you miss your fave clubs, and after Germany's loss to Poland, I'm sure you'd love to see brighter news!

***

10.6.18: WELCOME TO THE BEGINNING OF THE BORUSSIA BONANZA! If you're allergic to Ruhrpott bees, you might want to skip this chapter.

***

August 7, 2014

It was a normal (albeit a lazier one) day off for Borussia Dortmund- mug of steaming coffee in one hand and a remote control on the other, flicking through random TV channels. He wasn't trying to watch anything in particular, but if he could catch some cycling event or variety show-

Wait. He thought he'd just seen someone familiar on a certain sports channel- he quickly tuned into it, and lookie! An all-too-familiar face... but not an all-pleasant one.

He scowled, tightening his fist around the mug's handle until his knuckles turned white. "Rumenigge,"

"...And what do you think about Marco Reus?"

The reporter's question made it worse. That bastard had better answer it wisely, or he'd have to wish for a quick death...

"He is... certainly an interesting player," the chairman stated.

"Interesting player your ass," Dortmund spat, recalling the recent (and not-so-recent) defections of two of the BVB Power Trio. And to think Lewy had scored quite a feat, even on his first month with Bayern!

Not with me, Dortmund, her voice slithered into his head, swirling in cold triumph that chilled him to the bone, for me.

Shut up, you thief, he shouted inwardly, wrestling the unwelcome intrusion out of his mind, shut the fuck up!

Oh, I will, she replied, ice-blue eyes glinting with malice, I will, Borussia.... when you get what you deserve.

What do you mean by that?!

She smirked. Watch the TV.

Dark eyes snapped open to see Rumenigge blathering about something... involving... Watzke? His boss? And... and transfer policies... his transfer policies?!

Not quite believing his eyes, he rubbed them and downed half of the potent, caffeinated drink.

"...€25 million for a release clause," he paused for dramatic effect, "dangerous, isn't it?"

Dortmund spat out his coffee. "'What the fuck do you mean by that?!" Any idiot can see your intentions from kilometers away!

See? she gloated. I love it when you get mad, by the way.

Shaking his head, the 104-year-old refocused on the news.

"I see that Reus interests you... but he interests Manchester United and Liverpool as well. Is that going to be a problem?"