Prologue

Once upon a time, there was a prince named Luke. He was in love with his best friend, Mazy. She, too, was in love with him. Neither of them had the courage to tell each other or anyone else.

Luke and Mazy's parents were best friends, just like them. Of course, Luke's parents were King Andrew and Queen Daisy, rulers of the kingdom, Evendale. Mazy's parents were the King and Queen's First Knights and Advisors. Their right hand men, so to speak. Anytime they made a decision, it went through Dave and Kathy first.

Luke had just turned fifteen, and him and Mazy were about to be sent to a dark and mysterious place. A place of stressfulness, anxiety and terrible fears. A place so horrible that not one person in Evendale had ever gone through it without shedding a tear. It was a place that no teenager ever wanted to go.

High school.

So maybe he's not a prince, and his parents weren't royal either, but they might as well be.

President Andrew Bright and his wife, The First Lady, Daisy, beloved by everybody in Evendale. They ran their country with just as much grace and poise as a king and queen would. They were kind and caring. Everyone wanted to live on Evendale simply because of them.

All of Evendale's citizens were expecting Luke to take over as soon as he graduated college. He had different ideas, as most teenagers do. First of all, he just wanted to get to senior year, and be through with school. Hopefully he would win over Mazy in the process. Little did he know he already had.

Mazy's parents are still the Bright's right hand men. They were their trusted bodyguards and friends. It was an impressive job, but it was very hard and important work.

Dave and Kathy Raves were very proud of their daughter. Good grades, absolutely stunning, and very talented. As long as she was doing the right thing and doing what she wanted, they didn't care what Mazy did. They trusted her very much. She was a good, responsible kid. Despite her worries, they had faith that she would do just fine in high school.

Mazy loved music. It was her everything. Play any song and she knew exactly what it was. Except rap. Other than that, she would listen to almost everything. As long as it didn't suck, she had it in her playlist. She had a beautiful voice and played piano, along with the guitar. She was very musically inclined, but she was too shy to play or sing for anyone except Luke.

Luke was also very musically talented. He had an amazing voice and played the guitar like no other. That's where his heart was at. He didn't want to go into politics like people expected, he wanted to wow people with his music.

He wasn't shy like Mazy. In fact, he was extremely outgoing and friendly. He never left Mazy out of anything or left her alone, but he had other friends. Whereas Mazy only had Luke. It literally scared her to death to talk to people. The only reason she talked to Luke is because they'd been branded best friends since birth. They were exactly two months apart. They bathed together, they learned to eat, crawl, and walk together, they learned to talk together, they were even potty trained together. Now, they were about to go into the ninth grade together. Luke couldn't wait whereas Mazy was ready to go into the bathroom and throw up from all of the nerves. He would be by her side the entire time though.

No way would he leave his Mazy...