Decisions

The next day I woke up to David already up and getting dressed, "Evening handsome." He turned as he put his shirt on, "Evening beautiful. Look the guys and I are heading out to pick up the last-minute supplies for Lucy and some clothes for church." My head shot up off the pillow, "Church? Can you guys go inside a church?" David laughed, "Of course, if we are invited in we can go anywhere. Also, the Christians of today are not as holy as the old ones...so it's pretty easy for us to get in." I nodded, "Wow, I had no idea. So why are we going to church?" David looked at me confused, "Doesn't your family go to church on Christmas Eve?" I stood up and began to get dressed in some clothes I had brought over, "Well, sometimes but not every year." He grunted, "Max has decided we will go, to make sure your parents think highly of us." Shrugging I walked by him to get my bra, "Isn't that kind of lying to them?"

     David grabbed me by my waist, "This will most likely be one of the few times that, if you decided to stay with us, we will be able to see them. Max wants them to have every belief that you are in a safe environment. If lying about our religion accomplishes that end; I am fine with it." Then he pulled me in for a deep kiss, "I'll see you later babe." I nodded as he walked out ahead of me. I followed suit, Paul crashing into us on his way out of his room, "Sage." He had a smile on his face as he looked between me and David further down the stairs, "Did you, uh, sleep well last night?" I rolled my eyes, they had obviously, heard us the night before, "Yes I did, if you must know." He laughed hysterically as we came into the kitchen, "Evening mom." He approached Lucy and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. She laughed, "What was that for?" Paul shrugged, "I don't know, I thought I would practice for Sage's parents." She placed a hand on his shoulder, "That's nice Paul."

     Over the next several hours I helped Lucy finish her pies and desserts; storing them in the freezer that we put in the laundry room. Then she had us help her make up the spare bedroom in case my parents had to stay and then we pulled out all the board games and things for entertainment. By the time the boys had gotten back home the house was completely ready for my parents and the holiday. Star and I were in the living room watching, A View to a Kill. Marko came flying over to the couch, "I haven't seen this one yet. How much have I missed?" I looked at him in shock, "Did you just...fly over to the couch?" He nodded, "Yeah, hasn't David filled you in on that kind of stuff yet?" I shook my head in response, "Nope and you've only missed like 20 minutes." He shrugged, "I'm sure he will get around to it eventually. I know he's been pretty occupied by the thought of meeting your parents." I gave him a small smile as we turned our attention back to the movie. Laddie came over with some coloring books and asked us to join him. I smiled and slid into the floor, "Of course sweetie."

    He hummed to himself while I flipped through the book to find something I wanted to color. Eventually I settled on an image of piglet and pooh getting honey out a tree. Laddie looked up at us both, "So are you going to have babies?" Star laughed in surprised as I gave him a quizzical look, "Why do you ask that?" He shrugged, "Just because...I get lonely sometimes." I pulled him into a hug, "Oh, Laddie. I'm sorry, if you ever want to do anything you should just ask us. I'm sure one of these days Star, or I, might have kids. We'll just have to wait and see." He nodded and continued coloring away. Marko chuckled at something in the movie, the other guys were playing cards at the table. Max came in, "So we have plenty of alcohol, plenty of delicious food and the greatest company we can look forward too. I'm sure we will all have a good time and I am in the mood to start tonight. Deal me in boys." I heard them laugh and cards get shuffled. Lucy called to us from the kitchen, "Sage, Star! Can you come help me please?" I gave Laddie a quick kiss on the forehead and headed that way.

    I smiled at her, "How can I help?" She smiled and pointed to the table where she had setup some cutting boards, "What is your favorite flavor of cake?" I looked up at her, "Well...my favorite is blueberry, with lemon frosting. Why?" She beamed, "Oh, I just wondered sweetie. I know all the kids favorite and make it on their birthdays. I thought since you and David have grown so close I should learn yours too." I smiled pulling my hair back into a ponytail as it was getting kind of hot in the kitchen, "That's so sweet. Thank you." She nodded, "Now then would you two help me prep some vegetables for the Christmas dinner. I think tomorrow night Max is wanting to take us all out to his restaurant for dinner. Would your parents like that?" I laughed, "I should think so, my parents are all about good food." She laughed as she handed me some celery to cut up. Star worked on cutting up some fruit. After we finished and cleaned up Max called us into the dining room, "You three come play, you've done enough working for the day." Star joined the game and Sam went over to play with Laddie. David pulled me onto his lap and handed me some cards. I made sure to turn them so he couldn't see them, "No cheating!" He laughed a little, "Oh please I don't need to cheat." I rolled my eyes as the game started. I folded on the second round, "I hate this game." Star smiled, she had folded round one, "Me too."

     David looked up over at Star and Lucy, "I need to go hunting, you two can join me if you want." All three of them left and the rest of us prepared to play another round. Max looked over at us, "I'm surprised, Sage. That you've taken so well with the family after finding out what we are." I shrugged while sorting my cards out in my hand, "In the end it really came down to how I felt about it after hearing your stories...and I love David. It scared me at first because of what I'd been through, but in the end, I think I always knew I wouldn't stay away." Marko sighed, "You know, the first night we met you at the bar. David had to use all his power to not try and take you then and there. Your blood calls to him very powerfully, Sage. Count yourself lucky that he is able to stay himself. Not every vampire can do that." I looked up over at him and his eyes were sad, "I wasn't able to control myself when I met Mercy...she was mine to have for forever, the call is so intense. I just...wasn't able to." I grabbed his hand in mine, "Oh...I don't know what to say, except that I'm so sorry, Marko."

    Max sighed with us, "Leave it to most of my sons to find their mates. Firstborn's blood is stronger and thus the will to procreate for our kind. Out of the oldest, Paul and Dwayne are the only ones to have not met them yet. I'm hoping, and don't take any pressure from this Sage, that you and David...should you choose to join us, will be married by the High Priest from my family. Lucy and I weren't able to, but it is an extreme honor to have your first born be wed that way. I would have something extra to rub in my brothers' faces. A High order wedding and a beautiful bride to match." He laughed deeply at the thought. I smiled back at him and played my hand, losing of course, "Damn it." Paul laughed as he scooped up the money.

     I thought back to Laddie's questions. Will David ask me to marry him? Should I join their family in the way they all want? Are we going to have children? Max noticed that I was thinking upon these issues, "No one is telling you that you should do these things Sage. It's just something that must be decided soon, if you are considering staying with David. We can only stay in one place for a short period, 12 years being the absolute limit." I nodded, "Oh, no I understand completely. I just haven't actually thought about joining the family, in that way...seriously I mean." He looked over his cards at me, "Well, if you have any questions. Feel free to come to me. I know a lot more than these boys about who we are. I would be more than willing to help you in your quest for a decision." I laughed, "I would hope so since you sired them all!" Everyone chuckled as the game continued.

     Soon Max and Lucy retired, leaving just us younger people. David sat beside me, "How about a game of strip poker?" I rolled my eyes, "No! Star and I would be the first two naked and I'm sure you boys would have it that way." David laughed deeply as he lit a cigarette, "Of course we want it that way, but then again. I'm the only one I want seeing your naked body." I lightly punched him in the arm, "So why even bring it up?" He smirked, "To see your reaction." Michael laughed as Star sat upon his lap and said something to him. He picked her up looking back over at all of us, "Excuse me, someone's actions last night have encouraged others for tonight." I blushed, smiling as he carried her to their room. I excused myself from the table and headed upstairs, I had to work tomorrow and needed to get to sleep. I was already half asleep when David joined me, "You went to bed early?" I nodded turning to snuggle up under his chin, "I have work tomorrow." He nodded, "Oh, I forgot. I'm sorry I would have suggested we go to bed even earlier if I had remembered." He kissed the top of my head as we fell asleep."