An Unexpected Trip

It was dark. I blinked to make sure I had opened my eyes. Remembering that I had spent the night with David, I turned to feel for him. He had rolled over onto his back. I smiled and snuggled up against his side, he was even colder than before so I wrapped myself closer to him. "David," I whispered, "Can you hear me?" Nothing. Must still be in a deep sleep. I felt the all too familiar pee cramp and groped for the curtains. When I emerged from the canopy I realized I couldn't tell what time it was so after reclosing the canopy I pulled the curtains on the window back a bit to peek outside, it was almost dark!!!!! I panicked, "Oh shit!" I flew out the bedroom down to the kitchen to use the phone. Sam and Laddie were sitting at the table eating some cookies as I ran thru the door. Sam spewed his milk, "Sage! Oh my god, you're half naked." Laddie was giggling and looking thru his fingers at me. Realizing I had forgotten to put my pants back on I blushed and back tracked- slowly, chuckling nervously.

    I ran back upstairs, noticing a bathroom I did the back and forth dance about whether to pee or to go put my clothes back on. I decided to pee first, locking the door behind me. My face looked tired, and my breasts were huge and floppy outside my bra. I sighed and sat down on the toilet. I flushed and proceeded to go back up to the room. By this time, I could hear Michael and Star downstairs talking and a door to the left opened and Paul walked out shouting as I passed, "Nice ass!" I shook my head and found David waiting on the bed, already dressed, "Good evening, Beautiful."

    I blushed, walking around the bed, "Good evening, David." As I put my jeans on he came up behind me and grabbed my waist. I stopped at his touch, unsure of what was going to come next. He rubbed one hand down my side, trailing from the outer thigh to the inner thigh and then up to my ass. I breathed in, "David." He moved away and let me finish getting dressed. After I put the bra on, I turned and looked at him, "Why did you stop?" He smirked, "I was just teasing you, I'm going to wait a while for the whole thing." I sighed crossing my arms and then heard the phone ring downstairs. I cursed myself mentally for getting distracted. I walked back down stairs and waited for Star to get off the phone. She smiled at me, "Did you sleep well?" I nodded, "I slept way longer than ever before." I grabbed the phone from her and dialed work, "Trent?" He responded, "Sage, where the fuck are you? We've all been worried." I apologized and made up an excuse about my car and then told him I'd be there shortly. He hesitated, "You know what, it's okay. We aren't that busy tonight, just take the night off." I felt my shoulders fall, "Are you sure?"

    He said okay and wished me a good night before hanging up. While I was hanging up the phone I noticed the calendar, today was November 7th, my father's birthday. I smiled at Lucy as she walked into the kitchen and proceeded to make another phone call. It rang several times before my mother answered, "Hello, Thompson residence." I smiled, "Hi mom." I could feel everyone watching me and I started to feel nervous. "Sweetie, I was wondering if you would call for your father. Here I'll get him on the other line; Jonathon, your daughter is on the phone!" I winced at her yelling and heard the click, "Sage! How are you, sweet pea?" I smiled at his nickname and looked down at my bracelet. "I'm good dad, just calling to wish you a happy birthday." He said thank you and continued, "It's all the better now for you calling!" I giggled, "Well how are things back home?"

    They proceeded to tell me about one of our neighbors moving to Pennsylvania, my cousin Tiffany got married in Las Vegas, the car stopped working again, mom had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and then they got quiet. Mom started, "Sage...we have something bad to tell you." I bunched my eyebrows up, "What's wrong?" Dad took over as mom started to sniffle, "Your grandmother Pearl... she, uh, well, she's not going to make it to thanksgiving this year." My heart clenched and fire of tears began to form, "What happened?" I tried not to cry as he spoke, "Well, she was driving home from church on Wednesday and had a car accident. It was the other drivers fault, they are okay, but grandma Pearl, she wont make it much longer. She has some broken ribs and internal bleeding that they can't stop." I stood in a daze, "When are you going to do it?" My mom at this point had to get off the phone and dad was silent, "Well, sweet heart, you should probably come home to say your goodbye."

    I nodded even though he couldn't see me, "Don't worry about money, your mom and I will pay you back for the ticket." I nodded again, "Okay, dad, you don't have too, but okay. I'll be home tomorrow evening. Tell mom I love her. Good night." I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed a water glass, I drank a few glasses and then looked over at David, "I need to go home and pack a few bags, would you mind giving me a ride to the airport?" He nodded, "What's going on?" I took in a deep breath, "My grandma is dying... I need to go say my goodbyes." I couldn't make it thru the sentence without crying, there I was in front of people I barely knew, bawling my eyes out. David came over and hugged me, drawing me in to be comforted, "It's okay, Sage. It's okay."

    I don't remember him driving me home and then to the airport, it was all a blur and I forgot tons of things while packing. He helped me find the soonest flight and walked with me to the boarding area when it was time, "I'm so sorry love. I hope your flight goes well...call me when you get there?" I nodded, his eyes showing concern, "I'll call you for sure. Let you know how long I'll be gone and everything." He nodded and kissed me lightly on the lips as the last boarding call went out. I started to walk away and turned to look at him, he gave me his smirk before waving slightly and leaving. I sighed watching him go and boarded the plane.