Neighborly

The next morning, I had to re-shower and change the sheets, it was nice to have the day off. I thought of an idea and dressed quickly, throwing on some old jeans and an old tank top. I fed my cat and then walked down to see if Lucy needed any help unpacking. All the bikes where there, I smiled. I skipped up the stairs and knocked on the door, in a few minutes I heard someone running into the hall. When the door opened, Sam's face appeared, "Oh, Hello, Sage." I smiled, "Hi, Sam." He hesitated before opening the door all the way, "Would you like to come in?" I nodded and walked inside. It was dark in here for this early, "is everyone still in bed?" He nodded and rubbed the back of his head, "What do you want to do?" I looked around the house, there were still lots of boxes that needed unpacking, "Well, I'm off today and am really bored. I thought you guys might want some help with unpacking." Sam scrunched his eyebrows, "Well, my mom does ask for help with it..." I smiled, "But it never happens?" He laughed, "Yeah, we all hate doing that kind of stuff." I laughed, "Well, I'll do it. Which room should I start with?"

   I raised my hands and pointed back and forth between the living room and kitchen. He pointed in the kitchen, "Let's finish in there first. We all use it." I nodded and walked in, dishes were piled up and the floor was way dirtier than I remembered. I tossed Sam a towel and showed him how to dust properly. I started washing down the cabinets and finished putting all the pots and pans away. I swept and mopped, the tile pattern now bright and noticeable with blue diamonds. I started a list of things that seemed to be missing so Lucy could replace them if needed. All the boxes seemed organized, so it wasn't hard to figure out how to decorate the walls of the kitchen with the things in them. It didn't take too long before we were done with the room.

    Sam nodded his approval and leaned down on the back of a chair, "Now what." I looked at him and pointed towards the living room, he sighed, "Might as well, I guess." I laughed and plugged in a radio I had found, "How about some tunes." He smiled, "Sure, but what about the others? They won't be up for a while." I shrugged, "Not our problem." One of Duran-Duran's song started and I turned the music up accordingly. Sam grabbed a new towel and I did the same, showing him how to attach it to something with a handle to get up high on the walls and in the light fixtures. Some of the wall was faded and I sent him down to see if the previous owners had left any of the paint. Together we repainted that wall and unloaded the boxes. There were lots of photos of Lucy and her sons but not a lot of the others. "Sam?" He looked at me while putting a light bulb in a lamp. "Where are all the photos of Max and his family from before he met your mom?" Sam hesitated, "I'm not sure, maybe he just didn't take any." I looked at the photos as we hung them up, "Well, we should get some of them now and hang them up. It looks a bit favorited in here." He laughed noticing it as well. I took the curtains down and went outside to hang them on the line, "This is how they used to clean them before fancy places in town overcharged."

    I grabbed a stick and started to beat the dust off. Sam grabbed one and joined me; accidentally hitting my hand, "Hey!" A stick fight proceeded all over the yard. No one won but we were out of breath by the end and we decided it was time to eat lunch. After we hung the curtains back up I checked the fridge... it was empty, "Well, take out?" He nodded and picked up the phone, "What do you want?" I thought about it, "There is a new pizza place in town." He chucked the phone at me, "You order then, I don't know that number." I grimaced playfully as I dialed the number. When the other end of the line picked up I panicked, "yes I'd like to order a delivery." I looked over at Sam, who had written on a piece of paper what he wanted me to order. All in all, we ordered 4 pizzas and two order of bread-sticks. That way when sleepy heads woke up they could eat. With pizza on the way I motioned to the one other room on the downstairs floor, "let's hit that one." Sam nodded and opened it up, it was dusty as hell and I ran to open the windows. It was a laundry room, with no washer and dryer. "Well......Let's wait till the pizza gets here and then you grab your mom's credit card, with permission, and we can go shopping for some laundry supplies...and food?" After we ate I realized how late it was, "Well, we could just watch some tv till those lazy bums get up. Then we could all just go shopping together" he immediately flopped down on the couch, "good, I'm pooped." I hopped on the couch myself, "I see a recurring issue here." There was no TV, "where are all the modern-day appliances." He laughed and pointed at his brain, "comic's man, that's why I bought so many. We left our TV back in Santa Carla."