A Blind Date

After breakfast, I dressed and got ready for work, putting my hair up into a ponytail. Hopefully things wouldn't be too bad tonight, I just wasn't in the mood to put up with stupid people. After I wrote my name down and the time I was starting I began washing dishes. When that was done, I went and wiped down tables, then swept and mopped the dance floor. It was almost 4pm before people started arriving. I took orders and filled them, brought refills and pretended to be nice. Then –bam- sharp pain on the right side of my stomach. It was then I realized why I had been in such a mood today, my period. Quickly I ran to the bathroom to put a tampon in before it started. When I came back down Trent was waiting to talk to me. I smiled, "What's up, boss?" He grinned, "I have a guy I want you to meet. Kind of like a blind date...he's already here." He pointed at a table near the back, clearly a man was sitting back there. I sighed, "Trent, I don't like blind dates." He shrugged, "I'm paying you to go on a blind date, I wouldn't turn it down." I pursed my lips, "Fine." Trent led me back to the table, "Stephen, this is Sage. Sage this is Stephen." I sat down as I said hello. We shook hands from across the table, "So, Stephen, how did you meet Trent?" I looked him over while he answered. He was short, maybe even shorter than me and wore glasses. His hair was already thinning which meant he was either older or didn't have good genetics. He met Trent at his sister's wedding. "Were you a groomsman?" He nodded taking a drink of his beer, "What about you? How did you meet him?" I thought back to when I first arrived in town, "Through my realtor, he was dating her at the time."

We laughed, Trent was always dating someone knew every week. I smiled, "Well, would you like to get something to eat?" He nodded, waving down a waitress for some menus. It was Vicky, I thanked her when she brought them. Her eyes apologetic, she nodded at the door. When I turned to look, I saw David and the gang. He noticed me and immediately honed in on the fact that I was sitting at a table with a man. When the guys started to sit at their normal table he pulled Marko back up and walked to one across from ours. I could see in Paul's eyes the question that was on every one of their minds. What the fuck was going on? I looked back at Stephen and nodded in agreement to what he was saying about taxes. Vicky came back and took our order, mine first, "Roast chicken and some white wine." He ordered the brats and fries with another beer. It was then that he decided to say, "You'll have to forgive me," he pulled out his top back teeth, "Bread just gets stuck under my piece." I smiled while wanting to throw-up. I could hear Marko and Paul break out into snickers and looked over at them with a sharp look. Every single one of them was trying not to laugh.

I shook my head and tried not to pay attention to them. Throughout dinner, David didn't leave his seat once, nor do I think he broke his gaze...like a weirdo. I smiled inwardly about it though, it was sweet in a way. I had a few more drinks and finally starting to feel the effects when I asked him, "Would you like to dance?" He took a drink of his beer and waved down Vicky, "two more drinks for us, hun." Then he looked back at me and answered my question, "Oh I don't dance, I have two left feet." I slumped a little, it seemed we had nothing in common, except we both liked to drink. When Vicky arrived with the drinks I told her to go ahead and bring me an extremely strong whiskey and coke. Stephen smirked, "Getting up some courage, are we?" I smiled, "Oh no, I am just very thirsty." He winked at me and I faked a smile, then drank my wine down quickly. Vicky arrived right after that and handed me the whiskey. I started drinking it ASAP. Stephen started to try to talk me into going home with him, a thought at which I almost puked. Vicky saw my panicked look while waiting on David and quickly brought me another. I gulped it down just as fast. The effects of all the alcohol was setting in now, the room was hazy in a good way, almost like a dream.

Stephen started to rub his foot along my leg... David must have noticed this as he was over at our table within the blink of an eye. He smirked and nodded at Stephen, "Hey." Then he turned towards me and extended his hand with a little bow, "Would you grant me the pleasure of a dance, miss?" I smiled, mostly at how hot that sentence seemed leaving his lips. I took his hand and was about to get up when Stephen stood in objection, "Can't you see she's here with someone, buddy." I hiccuped and waved him down, "it's just a dance, calm down." Stephen resat himself and watched as David whisked me away to the floor. He slipped one hand around my waist and held one of mine in the other. Before he could ask, I put two fingers on his open lips, "The guy is a friend of Trent's, my boss, and totally not my type." David laughed lowly, "oh? You have a type?" I smiled sheepishly, "Well, yeah." He put on a serious face, almost concerned, "Well, are you going to tell me?" I tripped slightly and he helped me regain my footing. I looked up into his eyes and put on a serious face before undoing my ponytail, letting my hair fall naturally. He smiled a bit. I put a single finger in the air, "1) he has to be tall, or at least taller than me." He stopped us and put a hand to measure the distance from the top of my head to just at his lips, "okay, keep going." I stuck up two fingers as we started dancing again, "2) In good shape," I grasped his upper arm muscles and bit my lip, "You definitely qualify there." He chuckled, "That's good to know." We passed by the table where the group was sitting when he dipped me in front of them. I waved at them. When I came back up I was staring into his steel blue eyes, "3) he has to have captivating eyes." He nodded as I continued, "4) it's a combo. Decent hair and good teeth." He chuckled remembering earlier. I laughed, "number 5 is most important...He must like me just as much, in return." He finished the dance and led me to the table.

Star scooted further in so we could sit next to each other. Trent came over, "I take it you didn't hit it off with Stephen." I shook my head and grabbed his hand, "It lost all hope when he pulled his teeth out." Trent shook his head, "God, I told him not to do that on the first date. Well, don't worry I'm still paying you for the trouble." He looked at David, "Make sure she gets home safely when you leave." I looked around at everyone at the table, "Why are you guys all so attractive?" They chuckled. Star looked at me, "Would you like something to eat, Sage?" I smiled, "Of course, what kind of question is that." She laughed and waved for Vicky to come over, "Can we get something to eat for Sage." I motioned for her to look at me too, "And bring everyone a new drink, same thing for me as before." She smiled, "You got it girl."

When she brought them, Bradley brought out some food. He winked at me before heading back. "Oh my god, they didn't." Marko looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "What did they do?" I looked at him and then back at the fries, "Rosemary garlic fries, Marko! My favoritest drunk food ever. They aren't on the menu, so this just shows they pay attention to me when I'm drinking." David laughed and tried some, "They aren't too bad." This gave everyone else permission to try them I guess, cause they all dug in, "Hey, hey" They looked at me, "Get your own." We all laughed. I grabbed some before taking a drink of my whiskey and coke. Paul laughed, "You know, Sage?" I looked at him while eating another fry, "you are a pretty cool chick. You officially have my approval." I nodded, "Thanks Paul, you're pretty cool yourself. Also, that girl over there," I pointed to a group of three, "The brunette has been undressing you with her eyes for the past ten minutes. I'd say you have about two seconds left before she gives up and moves on." Paul looked over at her and waved, "Thanks Sage. See you boys later." He got out and walked over to her. David looked at me and then ate some more fries, "I guess the garlic means no kissing later." I looked at him, "Uhm, no, there better be kissing later. I just had one of the worst blind dates in history." He chuckled. I looked around for a watch, "hey what time is it?" Star looked at hers, "Its 1230am." I sighed, "Man, it's almost my bedtime." I finished my drink and looked at David, "Will you drive me home, stud?" David smiled, a real smile, "Of Course." On the way, out Trent stopped us and gave me the next day off since it was his fault I drank. I nodded my thanks. David had to hold me up by my waist to help keep me from walking in a zigzag pattern. After he started driving us towards my place I noticed something, "hey, I poked him in the shoulder." He turned his head slightly, "How come you aren't drunk? You drank as much as me, if not more." He laughed, "I have a very high metabolism. I'd have to drink way more to reach the point where you are. It's a gift." I nodded, it made since.

When we arrived, he came inside with me. He walked upstairs with me too. I turned and looked at him, "Welcome, David, to my room." He smirked and leaned against the wall as I jumped on the bed. I looked over at him, "You know, I should probably shower and change before I just pass out." I stood up and walked into the bathroom. My shower didn't take too long and sobered me up a lot. I put on my nightgown and robe. When I came back out David was sitting on the bed his coat laying across the end of it. I smiled, "I see you made yourself at home." He looked down at his feet still in shoes, "Almost." I laughed and sat down next to him. He turned slightly and looked back at me, "How are you feeling?" I smiled at his concern, "I'm actually okay now, anymore to drink and I would have gone nuts." He chuckled, "I wondered how much more it would take." I playfully slapped his chest. I looked at the clock, it was nearly 2, "When do you need to leave, David?" He looked out the window, "Soon, but we have a few minutes." I smiled and leaned my forehead on his shoulder...taking a chance I said slowly, "you...could...always...stay the night." I heard him sigh, "I could...but not yet." I smiled, not yet...as I remembered that one little visitor.

He looked back down at me and raised his still gloved hand and traced my face with it. Slowly he leaned in, my heart beat sped up quickly. His scent was woodsy and made my stomach fill with butterflies. I leaned in to close the gap, our lips met and molded together. It felt amazing, his tongue traced my lips, asking to enter. I granted. As the kiss deepened we grew closer, one hand rubbing down the side of my body and the other in my hair. My hands had found their way around his chest pulling him closer. All too soon he pulled away, the look in his eyes fierce, "I better go before we do something too soon in our relationship." I smiled understandingly, "Of course." He gave me one quick kiss before standing up and put his coat on. I walked him down to the door, "Goodnight, David." He smirked and held my face in his hand, "Goodnight, Sage. Sleep well." I locked the door and went back upstairs. Tonight, was just going to have to be me and myself. I understood why he wanted to wait... I took my medicine and eventually fell asleep.