Chapter 17

We arrive and rush towards the village to collect the horses. I sprint through and jump onto Day who seems aware of my urgency as she takes off. I push her hard and just shout at people who are in my way. Nina follows my path through the forest and back to the town.

Finally we arrive at the castle and I jump off Day as Charlotte comes rushing over. "What's going on?"

"My family are missing." I speedily say as I rush past him and down the corridor where I halt. There standing in the middle of the corridor is my mum, dad and Ryan. "Mum." They all turn to me as I run towards them. I wrap my arms around them tightly with Ryan hugging my side.

"Oh my darling girl." She kisses my face and I realise how much I have missed being with them. Then it hits me, they are here.

I pull away from the hug and turn to Carter, "you have thirty seconds before a hit you, use them wisely."

"What? I brought your family because you were missing them."

"How did you bring them here? Did you kidnap them as well?" I stand before him fuming that he did this.

"No." He steps towards me, "I went and spoke to them. They agreed to come and we have just been explaining everything. Where have you been?" He looks at Nina then me. "I told you that if you leave the castle take guards with you."

"I went home."

"What?" He yells.

"I wanted to see my family so Nina and I figured out where to go and what we needed." I pull out the stone and hold up the staff.

"You were leaving."

"For a while."

"And not telling me? That's the same as leaving. Do you realise what could have happened to you?" I roll my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes you know the situation were in and I thought you were smarter than that."

I slap him. "Don't you ever call me stupid, I'm not the one who doesn't have to control his own people so don't you dare say anything about me leaving. Let's not forget you was the one to kidnap me."

"And we have already been over this a thousand times, I am sorry but I didn't have the knowledge I do now."

"That's your problem."

He shakes his head, "no all of this is now our problem. You want to help people and you don't want this world to fall."

"And you want a marriage that screws me over so I guess were even." I glare at him.

"Nina, would you escort Amy's family to their chambers. I think Carter and Amy need some time to talk." Alias instructs.

"No we don't. Seems things are perfectly clear to me." I walk besides Ryan as Nina leads us away.

"So your fiancee's nice." He smirks and I shoulder barge him.

"He's a pain the ass."

Mum gives me a disapproving look for the language, "you had me so worried." She wraps an arm around my waist.

"I'm sorry. It took long enough for us to figure out how to get back. It's been crazy." She nods and the other two agree in looks. We get to their rooms and I walk them into my parents one. "Your room is next to theirs." I inform Ryan. Standing awkwardly in the room I ask, "how much did they tell you?"

"Pretty much everything. Carter said your suppose to marry him." Ryan explains.

"Yeah that's not going to happen." I huff. "What else?" I look at my parents.