Season 8: Episode 16

Start from the beginning

We saw all the saviors guns exploded and we were shocked.
"Get him!" I yelled.

We all ran and we fought the saviors.
I ran after Negan and I didn't notice that Logan was following me the whole time. I had her behind me and I shot at Negan and I missed and ran out of bullets.

"Dad!" Logan yelled. I ignored her. I got to Negan and we were fighting on the ground while Logan was watching. We both got up and Logan was still watching.
Negan looked at me.

"Aah! Aah! Aah! Just so you know, eenie meenie miney moe, that was bullshit.I made a choice.
I just didn't want to kill a kid's dad in front of them.
Turns out that would've been the best thing I could've done. Had I done it, Carl might still be alive.
Aah!" Negan said.

Logan looked at the ground very sad at those words.
And looked up again with her sweaty bandage and yelled at Negan.
"You're beat.Your people are down!" Logan yelled.

"I'll get out of it.I always do.
It's just you and me, Rick.
And you You are torn open.
I am bigger, I am badder, and I got a bat." Negan said.

"We can have a future." I said.

"I know I will." Negan said coming towards me.

"Just give me Give me 10 seconds so I can I can tell you how." I asked.

"No." Negan said.

"Just give me 10 seconds for Carl." I said looking at Logan's eye.

"Ten nine" Negan counting down.

"Carl said it doesn't have to be It doesn't have to be a fight anymore." I said.

"He was wrong.Eight" Negan said.

" no no He was right. And so was Logan" I said. We both looked at each other and I got closer to Negan and I cut his neck.

"Look what you did.Carl didn't know a damn thing." Negan said as he fell to the ground. I looked at Logan who was in shock and I looked into her eye and remember the walks I took with her and Carl. She looked up at me.

Logan's POV
I witnessed my dad killing Negan. I turned around to run but I saw everyone staring thinking we had victory. My dad looked at me.

"Save him." Rick said.
I was shocked and everyone else was too and Maggie went insane.

"No!" Maggie yelled.

"Maggie! Maggie!" Michonne said holding Maggie

"No, he can't! No! No, he killed Glenn!" Maggie yelled.

"We have to." Rick said.

"We have to end it! Rick! We have to make it right! We can't make it right, but this makes it over.
No! It's not over! It's not over until he's dead! It's not over till he's dead! No! No! No.No.No." Maggie said while crying it was hard to see her like that.

"What happened, what we did what we lost there's gotta be something after.The ones who have 'em up, put your hands down.We're all gonna go home now.
Negan's alive.But his way of doing things is over.
And anyone who can't live with that will pay the price, I promise you that.And any person here who would live in peace and fairness who would find common ground this world is yours, by right.
We are life.That's death! And it's coming for us.
Unless we stand together! So go home.
Then the work begins.The new world begins.
All this All this is just what was.There's gotta be somethin' after." Rick said as he went to sit down at the tree.

Everyone was going their ways to make a new life.
Michonne asked me if I wanted to go with her but I said no.
Everyone left and I saw my dad.
"My Mercy prevails over my wrath" Rick said.
I ran to my dad crying. "Daddy!"
My dad held his arms out and I sat on his lap and I cried into his chest and he rocked me back and forth while hugging me.
I looked up at my dad.
"I love you Dad" I said.
My dad teared up. "I love you Logan" he said while hugging me and we sat at the tree us two for a while.

Ricks POV
Siddiq stitched up Negan and Michonne Logan and I went to see him.

"We know you're awake." Logan said.

"I never said I wasn't." Negan said.

"Good.Because we need to tell you some things." Michonne said. "And you don't have to open your eyes now.But you're gonna open them soon. Because we're gonna make you watch what happens."

"And this isn't about who you killed.
No, we've We killed people.
No, this is about what you did to us, what you did to so many people.How you made people live for you, how you put people under your boot." I said.

"I saved people!" Negan said as he tried to get up.
Michonne got a hold of Negans throat.

"Michonne." Siddiq said.

"He needs to know.This isn't a discussion." Michonne said.

"We can open up his stitches for a little while just to remind him." Logan said.

"Carl pictured something better.
All of us working together for something bigger than all of us.And you'll have a job, too." I said.
"We're not gonna kill you.We're not gonna hurt you.
You're gonna rot in a cell"

"For the rest of your life, day after day." Logan said.

"You're gonna be evidence that we're makin' a civilization, something like what we had, something we're gonna get back." I said.

"And you get to watch it happen.
And you get to see how wrong you were about what people can be, about what life can be." Michonne said.

"You, alive, is gonna help show people that things have changed, that keepin' you breathing earns another way, a better way.
That's the part you'll play." I said.

"So after all this maybe you're good for something." Logan said.

I was outside writing a letter.

Dear Carl.
I remember.
I forgot who I was.
You and Logan made me remember.
I remember that feeling, walking with you and your sister that day.
Like I finally knew who I was for the first time in my life.
Thing is, we were walking side-by-side, but you and Logan were bringin' me somewhere.
Bringin' me here.
Bringin' all of us to the new world, Carl.
You and Logan showed me the new world.
You and Logan made it real.
I see it.
I remember.
Dad.

I looked up from my letter I wrote to Carl and I saw Logan.
"Ready for our walk dad?" Logan asked holding Judith's hand.
I smiled and looked at both of my daughters. I saw Logan and Judith so happy and ready to do it.
"You better believe it Logan" I said taking both of my daughters hands as we walked and I hugged both of my daughters and for once I felt happy and looking into Logan's eye and Judith's eyes they have Carl in them and that is so special and that is something I will cherish for the future.