Chapter 35: Revealed

Stella's P.O.V.

Stowed away a half a mile away from Evan's house, Life had relocated us to a nearby cavern. From the looks of the area, it seemed as though Life was planning this for a long time, having his things scattered across, sticky notes and magic books all over.

Tossing me a side, Life hissed at me. "Stay here. You better not move from here. If you even so much as to think about making a move, while I'm working, I'll end you right here and now." I rubbed my arm, after the impact of Life throwing me against the wall. Wincing, I nodded in cooperation. I learned quickly not to disobey his wishes and commands. I shouldn't fight him physically. Of course not. I would lose that fight. But, I had stormed up a strategy. I needed to prolong Life's plan as much as possible to buy time for the others to rescue me.

And for that to happen...

Watching from my sitting position against the wall, I noticed Life mixing a few things from different potions into a giant black bowl. He held a weird green potion, which glimmered among the lightly lit cave, soon slowly and carefully pouring it into the mix, stirring until the solution turned into a brownish-purple color.

It looked beautiful, but also, deadly.

I cleared my throat. I had to distract Life, and I had to trick him into revealing his plans and motives.

"So, what is an important being doing down here on Earth? Don't they need you up there?"

Life didn't respond right away, still busy stirring, until he took a slight breath.

"I'm not so much as a being. I'm an essence, a thought," was Life's response.

"Oh, that's cool. In a way, that would also mean you are undefined. A free spirit you can shape." At this point I was just word vomiting.

"Don't bother trying to distract me." I gulped, as I watched Life turning around to face me, his face showing no ounce of any particular emotion. It was almost as if he was not capable or computed to show any. "I am far too wise to fall for such idle tricks and mockery."

Playing with my fingers, I thought for a moment. Okay, so Life was not convinced. It was time for a new approach.

What would the Grim Reaper do? Closing my eyes for a moment, I imagined Crystal and thought about how she had acted when she first came down to Earth, how confident and powerful she had appeared all the time. It was as if nothing could touch her, and nothing could faze her.

I needed to channel that energy.

Taking a deep breath in before slowly releasing that breath, I then opened my eyes, my thoughts only of her- of the all-mighty powerful Grim Reaper.

"Of course, Life. I wouldn't have expected anything less from such a wise spirit. After all, you are God's creation and most beloved." I wore a curious smirk. I then remembered an important factor that Crystal had told me, regarding Life. Life was a rule follower. "The Grim Reaper told me herself that you were always so loyal to God. I'm sure he really appreciated you and trusted you before all."

Life arched his brow, my words catching his attention.

"Well, to play the game, you have to know what would benefit you most. It was best if God would think I was some stupid watch dog, following his every command blindly, without a thought of my own." An interesting response.

Was he implying that he wasn't as loyal as he had appeared to be? Was he possibly planning something, entirely different from God?

"Absolutely! How wise you really are! So, you didn't agree with everything God wanted you to do?"