Chapter 10: God's Plan

Crystal's P.O.V

Last night was amazing. I had never slept so well than when I slept in Stella's arms. Though, she did freak me out when she screamed my name in her sleep. I wondered what her nightmare was over, and it made me feel a bit uncomfortable that I was in her disturbing dream, but despite those thoughts, I decided not to say anything.

In that moment, all I wanted to do was have fun here with Stella, Fiona and Devin. Oh yea, did I mention we were now at a party at this local bar? Well yea, we were. Aha, Fiona invited us earlier today and said that it occurred every Friday. How awesome was that?

"Look over there," Devin whispered in my ear. I looked and then shrugged, as I redirected my focus on him.

"What am I supposed to be seeing?" I wondered. He was kind of vague.

Devin smirked, as he licked his lips. "That girl over there with the short brown hair."

"And?"

"Me likey."

"Go to her," Fiona challenged.

Devin arched a brow, as he chuckled in disbelief. "Do you really think I have a chance with her?"

Fiona muffled in her dying laugh, as she nodded. "Do it. I dare you." Oh no. I wonder how this is going to turn out.

"D-Devin..." I heard Stella murmur, beside me. Her eyes revealed her doubt, but she then smiled, masking that doubt. "Good luck," she decided to say.

Devin nodded and winked, as he then walked away from us and towards the girl. We watched, as he then was talking to her, and to our surprise, she actually responded to whatever he was saying, and she actually smiled. She smiled! Devin turned his head towards us and gave us a thumbs up, before he continued talking to her. I guess he was successful.

"Geez Devin," Fiona mumbled. "He actually did it... and he got the girl."

"Aha, yea. He is the women whisperer," Stella chuckled. I immediately shook my head, baffled by my confusion.

"Is that a dangerous gift to have?" I questioned, concern filling my voice.

Fiona chuckled in disbelief. Did she really not find this a little threatening? I mean, he could whisper... to women? What the heck did that mean? What sinister power was that?

"Crystal, Babe..." I could hear Stella's heart beat quickening at the word 'babe'. Hmm, weird. "I think you are taking me too literal, Honey," Fiona continued. I was? "It's a known joke, and when someone says that, they are meaning that the person is good at getting women to like them." Ah, so that's what it meant.

My eyes gained a spark in them, as I then faced Stella, with a wide smile on my face. "Wouldn't that make Stella a 'women whisperer' too?"

Stella's cheeks reddened, as she tightened her hand in mine. Fiona lowered her eyes at our conjoined hands, before looking back at the two of us as a unity. Her lips, then, curved into a small smile, as she nodded her head, accepting my observation.

"Yea. That would make Stella a 'women whisperer'."

I squinted my eyes, as my expression revealed my excitement at being right about this. "I knew it!" I gloated.

Fiona chuckled once more, as Stella's cheeks deepened in its shade of red. "Crystal..." she murmured.

"...is adorable," Fiona finished her sentence. "You both are. And I wish I had that, what you guys have. It's so cute, and it's innocent, and it's not complicated. God, I wish I had that."