Call It What You Want

My castle crumbled overnight
I brought a knife to a gunfight
They took the crown but it's alright

"Ang yabang mo, Madayag! Hindi naman kayo nagchampion!"

"Kaya gumagawa ng ingay kasi olats"

"Noong si Fille, Alyssa at Jia ang captain, nakaabot ng finals ang ALE. Eh sayo? Wala!"

"Akala mo kung sinong magaling! Nasaan kayo ngayon?"

"Wag ka na umepal, Madayag. Butthurt ka lang dahil 'di kayo nagchampion."

Those were some of the comments and mentions that welcomed Maddie when she logged in her Twitter account.

"What the fuck?" Maddie murmured.

ABS-CBN Sports posted the clip of her and a Lady Tam talking after the semifinals where the ALE loss. And it was clearly audible that Maddie had told their opponent to beat La Salle in the finals.

And she never thought that a simple conversation that they had would bring her into a mess. A very big mess. Even her family are now being scrutinized for the way they raised Maddie. (They know nothing tho)

Maddie sighed as she hears her notifications beeping continuously.

"Just a post. A single post to clear everything. This will be the last." Maddie said as she starts to type her explanation even though she knows that she owes no one.

All the liars are calling me one
Nobody's heard from me for months
I'm doing better than I ever was

"Wow! And they're all telling me that I am just making palusot? They know me better than myself? Wow!" Maddie exasperated.

The issue lasted until the UAAP WV Finals. She often receives notifications that someone has mentioned her in a post, and if she'll tap to see it, she'll read mockeries and judgments.

That setting continued until the closing of UAAP season 80, but Maddie paid no attention to it. After her last post about the issue, no one has ever heard her speak or post about the women's volleyball competition again. She kept quiet, ignoring all the hurtful words she received.

She focused on her studies more, and it makes her happy that finally, after the weary trainings they had when they were still aiming for the championship, she can now sleep without feeling her muscles ache.

Cause my baby's fit like a daydream
Walking with her head down
I'm the one she's walking to
So call it what you want yeah, call it what you want to

Maddie was busy typing something on her Mac when a familiar figure barged into her room.

She looked up to see a shy Bea de Leon. Bea's eyes look worried that she might've disturbed Maddie from doing something more important than cuddles.

"Uhm, did I come in a wrong timing?" Bea asked, looking down.

Maddie smiled seeing how adorable her girlfriend is.

"Nope. You just came in time." Maddie answered, saving her works, and immediately closed her Mac.

Bea smiled widely and walked her way to Maddie.

"Are you tired? I brought some food for you." Bea said. She sat beside Maddie on the bed.

"Thank you. I should be the one asking you that. Ikaw 'tong graduating eh." Maddie retorted.

"My day's good, but it's better now 'cause I'm with you na." Bea smiled, as she reached for Maddie's hand and intertwined their fingers.

"You really know what words to say to lighten up someone's day noh?" Maddie asks, smiling.