With You, I Am Me

Bea's PoV

Friday night beneath the stars,
in a field behind your yard,
you and I are paintin' pictures in the sky

"That's the small dipper" Maddie said pointing to a certain constellation.

We're at the field. Lying on the grass, pointing and naming stars and constellations.

"Yeah. How about that one? I think, that's the Orion." I said, pointing to a familiar constellation I've known since I was a kid.

"With his belt. His belt are Las Tres Marias, right?" Maddie answered. See? Di sya nagpapatalo.

"Yes, but that's in Spain and some part of the South America. Here in the Philippines, it is called Los Tres Reyes Magos. See that constellation?" I asked pointing to a group of stars. I really dunno if it is really a constellation though. But I can make my own.

"Is that even a constellation? I don't see any form nor shape!" Maddie complained.

"Tss. Of course! That's a constellation. Most of the constellations don't have any definite shape." I explained.

Maddie looked at me raising her eyebrow.

"Okay. If that's true, what constellation is that?" she asked.

Okay, Beatriz! Be careful of your answer. You might get smacked by her fist.

"That's the cookie constellation." I proudly said. Who wouldn't? I made my own constellation at the age of 21. Tss. Even Thomas Edison would be ashamed.

I looked at Maddie.

"Okay? What's with the straight face?" I asked confusedly.

"Are you fooling me, Isabel Beatriz?!" she asked

"I am not! I made that constellation! That's mine." I defended.

"You named it Cookie?! Why not Maddie? Huh?! Are you trading your bestfriend just for a cookie?!" Maddie asked, raising her brow.

Uh-oh! Should I run?

"I-- I uhm.. I am not uhm, I am not trading you for a cookie, Mads. I-- I will change the name of that constellation right this moment. It's Maddie now. Hehe. Yeah." I explained. Yeah. Believe it or not, Maddie's a monster when she's mad. So, better be good.

"Ohhh. You're the sweetest bestfriend anyone could ever have, Bei." Maddie exclaimed and kissed my cheek.

She adjusted her position and side hugged me, while we both look at the sparkly stars.

And sometimes we don't say a thing;
just listen to the crickets sing.
Everything I need is right here by my side.
And I know everything about you
I don't wanna live without you.

Lying close to her makes my heart skip. Yeah. I am in love with this girl. Does she know? I don't know. I've been showing her my love since we were rookies. I don't know if she really doesn't see it or she's just ignoring the fact that I am head over heels in love with her.

She's an epitome of a perfect girl for me. She's tall, smart, nice, plus the fact that she's beautiful and sexy. Yeah. She's perfect, isn't she? Anyone who can have her as a girlfriend would be so damn lucky!

Should I take the chance to confess to her and tell her what I really feel? Am I willing to put our friendship at stake? These are the questions I've been asking myself for how many years now.