Nothing

Cont. of Happier 😊

(Ansakit pakinggan ng kantang 'to)

----------------

Am I better off dead?
Am I better off a quitter?

Maddie's in a certain bar right now. She's drunk, well, since the day she read that letter, she's always drunk.

After she read the letter Bea wrote to her, she never had a conversation with Bea again. True to her words, Bea distanced herself from Maddie. She moved out of the dorm, changed her class schedules and she rarely attends practices, if she does, she'll just talk to their teammates, except Madeleine, of course. It seems like Maddie doesn't exist for Bea. The latter's jolly when she talks with their teammates, but she's so cold when it comes to Maddie. The last time they've talked was a month ago, when Bea asked Maddie to tell coach Tai that she can't attend their training. After that, Bea didn't bother to talk with her again.

It kills Maddie. They were good friends. They're batch mates. But everything has changed because of that post. A certain post in Twitter changed everything.

They say I'm better off now
Then I ever was with her

She thought, it would be good to tell her fans to stop linking her with Bea because it's "kadiri". She thought, it would be better if she'll make it clear to her fans that she's not interested with those ships. She thought, a lot of people would be happy if she'll be honest. She thought, it would be good for her and for Bei.

But she's wrong. She misses Bea. She misses everything that connects with Bea. She misses those teases with her and Bea. She misses those ships with her and Bea. She misses her old self when Bea was still with her.

As they take me to my local down the street
I'm smiling but I'm dying trying not to drag my feet

Maddie used to be civil with the other people around her. She never thought Bea would confess. She never thought that Bea loves her, or used to love her. She smiles, she laughs. But deep inside, she's broke.

They say a few drinks will help me to forget her
But after one too many I know that I'm never
Only they can see where this is gonna end
But they all think I'm crazy but to me it's perfect sense

Maddie learned to drink. She found a temporary comfort with the alcohol. She always goes to the bar, and wastes her time and money in drinking. Her friends and teammates used to stop her, but Maddie being Maddie, no one can stop her. She doesn't even give a fuck on everyone around her. They can think she's crazy but the hell she cares. All she wants is Bea. She wants Bea to comeback. She wants to inform Bea that she broke up with Zoe.

And my mates are all there trying to calm me down
'Cause I'm shouting your name all over the town
I'm swearing if I go there now
I can change her mind turn it all around

Maddie went out of the bar, holding a bottle of whiskey. She gives zero fucks with everyone eyeing her.

She managed to walk while drinking. She really changed from a joyful to a wasted Madeleine.

"BEATRIIIZZZ! TA--TANGINA N-NAMAN!! MAGP--PAKITA KA NAAAA!!" She shouted.

And I know that I'm drunk but I'll say the words
And she'll listen this time even though they're slurred