All Too Well

I walked through the door with you,
the air was cold,
But something 'bout it felt like home somehow

"Come on, babe. Mom and dad are waiting for you." Bea said, holding her girlfriend's hand.

"Easy there, Lion. Where'd I put my scarf?" Maddie replied.

"Throw it on the sofa na lang. Sorry, babe. Excited lang talaga ako na ipakilala ka sa kanila." Bea said giddily.

Maddie can't help herself but to smile. Ang cute ng girlfriend nya.

"Babe, they've already known me since the day na narecruit tayo sa AWVT." Maddie replied while shaking her head.

"Yeah. But you're my girlfriend, now. Iba na 'to." Bea defended as they walk to the dining table where Bei's family waits.

"Kinakabahan na tuloy ako." Maddie whispered.

"Nah. Don't be. They already love you kahit nung 'di pa tayo." Bea said.

"What if they only want me as your friend?" Maddie worried.

"Stop overthinking, babe." Bea cooed, kissing her girl's temple.

"Ehemm." Bea's dad cleared his throat to get the attention of the two young ladies.

"So, are you done na, mga hija?" Det teased.

Maddie blushed. Nahihiya na talaga sya.

"Oh come on, mom. Don't tease Maddie. Baka umuwi pa 'to sa dorm agad eh." Bea complained.

"I am not teasing anyone here, Beatriz. Anyway, sige, bago pa maisipan ni Maddie na umuwi, why don't you introduce her to us?" Det said.

"Yeah. You were doing some PDA na there kanina, tas 'di mo pa pala napapakilala sa amin 'yang magandang kasama mo." Kuya Loel added.

"Tss. As if y'all don't know her." Bea rolled her eyes.

"Sige na, Bei." Elmer said.

Bea inhaled and held her girlfriend's hands.

"Okay. Dad, mom, and kuya, this is Madeleine Yrenea Madayag soon to be de Leon, my girlfriend." Bea introduced.

Humigpit ang hawak ni Maddie sa kamay ni Bea dahil sa narinig nya. Nahihiya sya. Well, Bea's family already knows her naman na. Kaso, as a teammate. Lately lang nila nalaman na nililigawan pala ng anak nila ang captain ng Ateneo Lady Eagles.

"I already knew it. Since their rookie year, when Bea was bringing Maddie here sa bahay, I knew it na she's hitting on Maddie na. The way she looked at the latter, parang her world revolves on her." Loel said.

"Me too. I always see how she looks at Maddie in their games. Nagpapapansin pa nga sya every time." Det smiled.

"Well, I am not dumb not to see those things. That night when Bea went to me, crying without uttering a single word, I already know it. She was crying because of this tall chinita girl na palagi nyang bukambibig. She was crying 'cause she thought na may nagmamay-ari na daw sa captain ng ALE, and it wasn't her. But I told her that a lion never gives up. A lion never shares. And she did. Now, you're here, smiling from ear to ear, very far from the Bea who cried her heart out in front of me because of a misinterpretation. I am happy for you, anak. I am happy for the two of you." Elmer said.

Bea smiled. She's super happy for her family's acceptance.

"Matagal mo na pala akong crush." Maddie whispered, teasing her.

"Kung alam mo lang." Bea smiled.

"Upo na kayo. Maddie, dito ka sa tabi ko. Tell me some stories about Bea. Tell me if she's so makulit ah? You can pinch her or smack her face." Det said.