IT'S NOT OVER!!!!

"Kaya ba today, Deans?" I asked Deanna. She's limping kasi since this morning, and she's complaining din about her knee.

"Kaya 'to, ate Mads. We're gonna win tonight's game." Deanna answered with conviction.

"Of course! We'll be in finals next. And we'll get that championship title." I agreed.

Today's the day. Ngayong araw namin ipapakita kung gaano kami kauhaw sa championship. We've been dreaming to be in the finals since we started to join this team.

"Ayan! Anyway ate, did you two talk?" Deanna asked suddenly.

I know she's referring to the talk that we we once talked about after a game.

I can't keep my smile because let's admit it. The talk went well.

"Ah, yeah. Hinatid nya 'ko sa condo ko after nung game that day." I responded.

"And? What happened? Come on. Tell me the details, ate!" Deanna asked eagerly.

Flashback

"Finally! You're done. Akala ko we're gonna sleep here na lang eh. Ba't parang mas tumagal pag ligo mo ngayon?" Bea asked the moment she saw me come out of the dugout.

"Well, you should have not waited for me na lang, noh? Magrereklamo ka rin lang naman pala." I answered rolling my eyes.

"Eh? I was just asking kasi halos nakaalis na silang lahat tapos hindi ka pa lumalabas."

"Well, to answer your question, Ms. de Leon,  natagalan ako because I fixed something pa. Pwede ka naman kasi dun sa car mo na lang maghintay. Duh."

"And? Leave you alone here? Duh." She answered, rolling her eyes as well.

"See? You have your choices pero matigas lang talaga ulo mong pumili." I said and started to walk.

"Because why would I choose something that is deemed 'easy' kung ayaw ko naman ng ganun?" She answered whilst following me.

"Bakit ayaw mo ng easy, eh most people want it that way nga, diba?"

"Well, surprise surprise, Ms. Madayag, I am not one of those most people that you're talking about. If you really want something to work out, kahit mahirap, you'll do it. Not because something is easy meaning nun 'yun na dapat." She explained as she opened the front door of her car.

"Let me have your duffel bag." She said. I handed it to her and sat on the passenger seat. She put the bag on the back seat of her car.

"But doesn't that save you from the inconveniences?" I asked once she was settled on the driver's seat.

"If you value something, if you love someone, it's worth the inconvenience. Always." She said, looking at me before she started the car.

That silenced me.

"So, do you want to eat something before I drop you sa unit mo?" Bea asked.

"Hmmm. I think, I want a takeout."

"Just like before?" She asked, smiling.

"Yes. Just like before." I nodded whilst smiling too.

We ordered what we usually order before. We decided to park somewhere and eat our takeouts.

"So, I... Uhm, how are you these days? Kayo pa ba ni--" Bea started but I decided to cut her off.