This I Promise You

This is based on a true story (I just used BeaDdie as the main characters)
Italicized words are flashbacks
-----
"So, how's the first day of OJT, love?" Bea asked Maddie on the phone

"Quite tiring but aja!" Maddie answered.

"Good. That's the spirit. Wishing I was there to take care of you when you come home tired." Bea retorted. Sadness is in her voice.

Bea and Maddie are in a relationship for more than 2 years now. They were always together, not until Maddie went for her OJT. Miles away from Bea. They communicate constantly naman since Maddie left, so they thought, it'll be okay. That everything's alright and they can get through this. It's their first time to be away from each other.

"It's okay, love. We can get through this naman, diba? Pagsubok lang 'to. After my OJT, we'll have more cuddling time na." Maddie said.

"Yeah. I'll wait for you. 3 months is not that long, though." Bea answered.

"Sige. You eat na. I'll take rest na kasi I'll be early tomorrow. Good night love. I love you." Maddie said. She's really tired.

"Sure. You take good rest. Good night. I love you more, love." Bea said and waited for Maddie to end the call.

Days, and weeks had passed.

Nakaya naman nila. They survived their first month being away from each othet. Through texts and calls.

"Babe?" Bea called Maddie.

Bea's fond of calling Maddie in random endearments. Depending on her mood.

It is just unusual that Maddie doesn't text her "good morning" or "good night" these past few days. Her Maddie's the sweetest and she was used to it. Kaya pinagtaka nya ba't parang may mali.

At first, inintindi nya pa. Thinking Maddie's just tired. But as she can see, Maddie's uploading and posting pictures of herself in FB naman. So, how can't Maddie reply to her texts?

"Yeah?" Maddie answered lazily.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course."

"Uhmm. Are you tired?"

"Yeah."

"I miss you, babe"

"Same. Same."

"You're really tired yata talaga. Sige. I'll hang up na. I love you." Bea said, hoping for a positive response from the girl on the other line.

"Yeah. Sure. Bye. Love you too." Maddie answered lazily and hung up the call immediately.

Bea was shocked. That wasn't her usual Maddie.

As days passed, Bea tried to give Maddie space. She tried na magpamiss, hoping Maddie will miss her and be sweet again.

But she's wrong. It seems like Maddie's enjoying the space Bea gave her, not even minding that she has a girlfriend.

Bea was devastated. She tried to understand Maddie. She scratched the thought of Maddie falling out of love. She tried to focus on her studies. She aced some of their exams, and she's excited to tell Maddie about the good news.

So, later that night, she called Maddie.

"Love, I aced some of our exams. And I got no failing grades!" Bea told Maddie giddily over the phone.